PDA

View Full Version : Updating previous posts and not starting a new one

nomorepanic
10-10-09, 00:06
Please can I ask that if you have previously posted a thread about a procedure and/or test you are going to have that you reply to that thread and not start a new one.

It is very hard to keep up with member's updates when they post separate threads all the time and some members want to know how people got on but do not always see the updates.

I will merge posts if I see them but please can we all update all previous posts and not start a new one so those that are following the original post can see the updates and news.

Thanks

KK77
25-03-10, 14:18
I agree with this. It's a shame that not more people update their threads to let us know how they got on with a new med, procedure, therapy etc etc because I often wonder after posting what happened to some people. Furthermore, I think a lot of people could benefit from reading about their experience.

I'm not complaining although I may let Mick know later...

Just thought I'd bump this thread.

ElizabethJane
26-03-10, 18:18
This is all fine and I can understand admin wanting us to reply to existing threads. There are a threads that are years old though and the members have long gone so often there is little to be gained from responding to an old thread with little hope for a response from the existing poster. The content might be good but I use them for reference only and do not reply to posts over three years old. Could they be colour coded so that members realise that it is an old thread?

Corinne
26-03-10, 18:37
I don't know if this will be of help, but...............

I am a moderator of a forum -- not an anxiety forum, but a hometown forum. Anyhow, when a thread has no responses for a month, we put the thread in the "trash can." Members can still go to the trash can area and read and even post to the threads, but they know the threads are old. We do this to "clean up" the board areas and keep them current.

nomorepanic
27-03-10, 23:21
Because of the nature of NMP all threads are relevant all the time so we do not archive old threads as such.

I know that people reply to old threads but they probably found them through google or searching on here so may not realise they are old.

There is not way I can flag old threads - people just need to look at the original posting date etc.