PDA

View Full Version : Scared and Confused.

ANXIETY26
01-11-05, 17:44
I've suffered with anxiety in patches for most of my life now, I can be fine for a few years and then it returns with avengance. Im constantly racking my brains to work out why everything feels different to how it was before, but I cant find an answer. When I get these periods of anxiety everything and everywhere tends to feel/seem different to how it was when I was ok.

For example: I've tried going back to my local club where I used to spend a lot of time playing snooker/pool with my mates. It just feels a totally different place to how it was before. It's such an eerie feeling and scares the **** out of me. It's as if im on another planet to where I was before. Almost as If im living in a dream. Nothing feels real and everything seems fake. Its like as if reality is only one step away but I cant seem to get in touch with it. I can sum up how I feel in two words. SCARED and CONFUSED. What's the point in living like this? I would'nt wish this feeling on my worst enemy. It's living hell!

tygwyn
01-11-05, 18:38
I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling so low mate. I really am.

I know that in one of Claire Weekes' books she actually talks about this sort of feeling. I believe its because you actually look at things differently now. I've got a different book to the one you have so I'll have a read if you like and maybe scan it for you. Sorry I can't be of any more help.

I hope the meds kick in soon mate and that you start to feel the benefits.

You're right this can be like living a nightmare - but you've been here before and so you know you can beat it - don't forget that please.

Speak to you soon and you know where I am if you want to chat (be prepared though - I might depress you more!!)

Take care

Rach xxxx

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

tygwyn
01-11-05, 20:00
Hi Again

I've just had a check through the book and rather than scanning it (I always cock that up) I thought I'd be better typing it up here - might help someone else too.

Patient:-

"Why is it that when I visit a familiar place - but perhaps not seen for some time - it looks and seems different, although it hasn't really changed? I keep saying to whoever's with me, "Does it look different to you? Are you sure it doesn't look different?"

Claires repsonse:-

"A nervously ill person lives so much in his own thoughts that when he visits a place he has not seen for some time, this change in his surroundings can almost forcibly draw him out of himself, make him notice the outside world. This experience is the strangeness he feels, not so much the place. For a moment everything may look clean, almost 'just washed' - certainly different - because he's probably looking at it intently for the first time in months. This is all part of recovery. Isn't that good?"

Hope this helps!

Take care

Rach xxxx

"True acceptance means 'facing and relaxing' - it is submission" (Claire Weekes)

desperate
01-11-05, 21:04
Thanks for that Rach,

I know what you mean to 26 :S

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

florence
02-11-05, 08:36
Hi ANXIETY26

I can relate too.. I've had the same problem , what you describe seems to be depersonalisation/derealisation , it's living hell I agree.
It's a 24/7 thing as well which can last for months..

SCARED and CONFUSED .. definitely , I felt that way many times and still do.
I hope it won't last for you, all the best.

Florence.

*He who loses money, loses much; He who loses a friend, loses much more, He who loses faith, loses all.*