PDA

View Full Version : help been on citalopram for 4 days constant sick feeling?

martina27
10-10-09, 14:50
ive been suffering from anxiety for as long as i can remember. The past two weeks have been horrid. Loss of appetite. Decided to got to doctors tuesday eve and got put on citalopram 10mgs. I woke up the next day with a constant retching feeling im very slim anyway and havnt been able to eat for five days which is also worrying me. This is the fifth day, ive a lovely 3 year old daughter and feel i cant cope with feeling this sick. Doctors isnt open till monday. Help.

Lysi1201
10-10-09, 14:55
Sorry to hear you are feeling sick unfortunately this seems to be common side effect with these meds... The first week I was on these I hardly ate either, just make sure you are getting plenty of fluids and I hope you feel better soon. It will pass and you will get your appetite back x

den68
10-10-09, 14:59
i felt really sick for about 4 days to start with, this week second week it just comes in waves. I think its a case of grin and bear it untill it passes. Also i found that i would force myself to eat something before taking pills as it was worse if i took them on a empty stomach

chickpea
10-10-09, 15:11
I've been on 10mg for nearly 5 weeks now, and still find it really hard to eat. I force myself to eat a bowl of porridge before I take the pill, but lunch is really hard and dinner can be hit or miss.
I don't fancy snacks, chocolate etc , but I make myself drink a cup of Horlicks at bedtime to help me sleep and keep my blood sugar up overnight.

I've gone down to 7.5 stone, which is awful - think Victoria Beckham :weep:
Before I started on the meds, I was running 3 times a week, but I've pretty much had to stop because I don't want to lose any more weight.

martina27
10-10-09, 15:20
Thanks for all your messages made me feel alot better, build up shakes for me i think so i actually dont wast away until these tablets kick in. xxxx