PDA

View Full Version : OCD Screening Test

stardust
01-11-05, 18:12
Hi. I found a really useful website that has an OCD screening test. Newly devised by mental health experts, the test is designed to see and evaluate whether you have ocd or not, or to evaluate to what extent you have ocd. There is a set of questions to anwser, that you have to anwser as honestly as possible, then you will be given a score at the end determining the results. Even if you already know you have ocd, it is useful to take the test as it gives you a more clear outlook for yourself.

www.ocfoundation.org

I want to see some replies on here in the hope that other ocd sufferers on here have tried it too, then let me know how you found it etc by replying to this post.

By the way it DOESNT determine for real of whether you have ocd or not, it just provides a way of finding out whether you should get help or not and an idea of how bad it really is. So dont go believing you have it vice versa, or if you already have dont go thinking you have got it worse or vice versa. It has been created by mental health professionals and the leading people in ocd foundations.

Also there is news of a similar test being created for anxiety and phobias too. As for when it becomes available for people im keeping an eye out, meanwhile dont hesitate to pm me if you would like to find out, as i am always keeping an eye out myself for any more screening tests that will become available.

From stardust

sueiamnew
01-11-05, 18:16
Hiya Stardust,

What is the web address please?

Thanks,

Sue

mum2four
01-11-05, 19:34
Thank for the site screaning test post.

I did it and it came back as i could have OCD like I suspected. I feel good now not that i have realy might have OCD but that I have been loking for a site like that for a while now and couldn't find a good site like that at all.

I feels good to finaly read a site that has my issuse on it about OCD many OCD site just talk about the typical OCD stuff likt contamination and hand washing. That one had better structure question's and fit me better.

Thanks fot the link.

mum2four
01-11-05, 22:10
My daugter fits the discription of OCD as much as me. i think I'm really gona talk to the Dr now.

Since she was little she had night terror's of bad thing's hapen to her famliy. When she wet's the bed it's uasly after a really bad dream and it take's her day to recover i just made that connection just now. I beemn serching for a conection for year's her bed wetting for a week and not for 2 ect on off bed wetting. The bed wetting makes her angry at her self even with plenty onf asurance from us. She alway runs to us when eva she had a minor bump to make sure she not going to die. I alway respond "yes you will die" and that may sound harsh but it works for her after saying that i then say I'm just joking you'll be fine and she smile's and walks away still a little funny about the sore she cheack's her sore's way to much and worry about them till she get all worked about them again i have to keep reminding she not going to die from the sore and if i thought it was bad i'd take her to hospital. OCD fit her so well when I was a kids muy mum never listen to me about my concern's so i turned to medical book and would sneak out at night time and look up my symptom's cause every would have a go at for complianing about what thay thought were silly worry's that were all in my head. She dose complain about germ's all the time i have to calm her down and explain she not going to sick from touch her brother's thing's. She hate people sitting to close to people and alway's go's on about keeping there germ to them self.

i feel like i final might have the answer i realy do. i just dr to take me serious for once . There is a reason for her behaviourn ther has to be no normal child would be so relucted to let people close to with the effort I have put in to making her feel safe that she cant make me hate her.

nomorepanic
01-11-05, 23:00
Other sites are ...

http://www.ocdonline.com/

http://www.ocduk.org/

http://www.ocdaction.org.uk/home.htm

Nicola