PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety/Side effect Headaches

Panic33
10-10-09, 19:25
How many people get head aches of which they believe due to anxiety or meds they are on? How often do you get them and how would you describe them?
I'm just trying to build up a picture of how many of us are effected by them and what we put them down too.
Cheers for taking the time to post n vote in advance.

Panic33
10-10-09, 19:30
For me I get lots of dull pressure head aches usually at the front of my forehead - I believe this to be from the ADs but could also be the anxiety.

debs180
10-10-09, 21:08
Ive always been a headache sufferer, but since suffering with anxiety, depression and HA, i do get alot more. Mainly dull pressure headaches, but i do get sharp pain ones also.
Debs x

Jamie_
11-10-09, 12:38
I'm not really a headache person

Hell even with hangovers i rarely get a headache

If i do get a headache it comes on faint and goes really quickly

sarah jayne
11-10-09, 13:43
Ive had daily headaches for the last 2 months, i hate them ! I only ever used to get them when i had a hangover but now these headaches have made me feel so ill that i havent had a drink in months...x

meg86
13-10-09, 09:31
I never used to suffer from headaches, but anxiety now causes me to have them every once in a while.

I get tightness across my forehead and pain behind my eyes, i get dull pressure headaches where my head feels like its being squeezed and i have also had sharp very painful headaches.

At one point i had painful daily headaches for nearly 3 months, gladly it subsided.

I have a dull headache at the back of my head right now accompanied with neck pains but have been feeling really really stressed lately :) hope this helps xx

Panic33
13-10-09, 15:56
Thanks for the replies, My head aches have decreased alot in the last two days but so as my anxiety - so I think they have to be due to stress etc.

bev41
16-08-10, 09:18
I'm so glad I looked at this thread. Have had health anxiety for 18 months now, was well controlled by sertraline 50 mg but really struggling the last 2 weeks. Had almost constant headache on right side of head - not very painful but a nagging throb, head feels tender and pressure feeling on top. Am sure it's anxiety that's causing it but that doesn't stop me thinking it's something nasty. Reading these posts it seems like sensations in the head are very common with anxiety - feel reassured, thank you

Vixxy
16-08-10, 09:32
I dont know which one to pick. I get a lot of sinus headaches. At least 1 at week, sometimes daily depending on how I am.