PDA

View Full Version : I have no idea what's going on!

Cakey
10-10-09, 23:54
Man I have no idea what's going on! I hate This feeling I get when I feel this way. I have a fluttery feeling in my chest that makes me panic and it always involves my relationship. I know I love my partner and before a traumatic experience I had I wanted to marry her and live with her and everything and now it seems to have gone wrong. sometimes I think that I don't love her anymore and I know full well that I do cos when I feel good I feel good about us. We've been together for nearly six years and I know I want to be with her. I don't want to feel like this anymore all I want is my life and my relationship back..... Help???!!!!
I'm on fluoxitine 20mg and am on the (flamin long) waiting list for the mental health team...

Joellie
11-10-09, 00:29
Hey ive had this problem in the last couple of months and im 80% sure its gone for good. Basically, from what ive discussed with my councellor etc weve put it down to my fear of wrecking my own relationship. My parents divorced quite messily (dad had an affair as he "fell out of love with my mum") so i worry alot about my future with my boyfriend and whether this will happen. I think talking about it with someone is a good idea but dont research it lol learn from my mistakes, everyones idea of love is different and if you know you want to come out of this anxiety still with her then you need to focus purely on getting through.

Ive been clear of this for 2 weeks now which is really good and im really happy about it sometimes i can feel it flaring but i just have to pretend its a random thought such as "oh the sky is blue" etc and just get on with something. Thinking about things is annoying as youl just get worked up. Just dont act on the feelings because in truth they are only thoughts. If you know you love her then you do, other wise you wouldnt still want to be with her.

Sorry if i cant help but i know how you feel! Im on citalopram 10mg (up to 20 this week) and this has helped alot it calms me down and i feel i can push the thoughts through my head without having to analyse them. Good luck, PM me if you need to talk

Cakey
11-10-09, 01:09
Ji Joellie,
I have had people message on here saying it nver goes away and the whole idea of thY frightens me to death. It's different anti depressents for different people isn't it. I've been on citalopram and it just made me notice the feelings more ithink. I'm on fluoxitine 20mg (Prozac) now but still I feel it. I just want rid. Think I might ask my doctor to up the dose. I'm so glad you have been clear for over 2 weeks, it's positive news! X thank you so much for mailin back

Joellie
11-10-09, 21:53
Its different with everyone, i have on off days etc but mainly its gone. I had a worry earlier today but it was so much easier to control. Once you change your mindset on it and treat it as a silly thought and things get easier.

You have to actually work at changing the way you look at it though because i used to get so worked up over it and now it doesnt matter if i get thoughts that are related to it if i can control how i deal with it :)

Some people say it wont go and the thoughts dont but the way you handle them is the thing that decides whether youl have anxiety or panic over it.