PDA

View Full Version : I have a kitten now!

xBettyBoopx
11-10-09, 22:30
Hi ev1

I have a new kitten now. Most of you know I lost my beloved Lady 7 & half weeks ago and have been looking for a kitten for about 2 weeks. A relative of mine very kindly not only found her for me but picked her up too and brought her around yesterday (Saturday). She is only 6 weeks and is very small. I have named her Sassy but might change my mind, lol. I feel really guilty!! I'm glad I have a kittie but feel guilty because of Lady, I know, I know, it's stupid, but to me it isn't. I'll probably get used to the new kittie in time. Just so hard, I even called her Lady today, then burst out crying!!

Thank you so much to ev1 for your kind support over the last couple of months and especially Kazzie, Sue.b., Nic, Amanda, sorry if I missed anyone.

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs235.snc1/8224_149437270204_611530204_2745447_2790314_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2745446&id=611530204)

Love
Els
xxx

nomorepanic
11-10-09, 22:33
Aww she is so cute Els - I am sure you will give her loads and loads of love.

Glad you got a new cat. You will never forget or replace Lady but I am sure this kitten will be loved just as much.

kazzie
11-10-09, 22:37
Ahhhhh thank God Els lol

Been busting to tell everyone all day but wanted to wait for you:bighug1:

Please dont feel guilty....enjoy!!!

She is a cutie for sure....bit young to leave mum but perfectly doable!!!

Im so pleased for you and Im sure Lady is too bless her x x x x

Kaz x x x:bighug1:

diane07
11-10-09, 22:37
Aww els,

Kitty is absolutely gorgeous, hope she brings you as much comfort as lady did, never forgotten hun.

best wishes

di xx

SueBee
11-10-09, 22:45
Oh Els, I'm so pleased you have a new furry friend. You obviously have so much love to give and Lady would be proud of you :hugs:

Take care and enjoy getting to know Sassy xxx

pollyanna
11-10-09, 23:17
Els

I am so pleased for you and little sassy.Feeling guilt is only natural, but Lady will be proud that she brought you so much joy that you where able to open up your heart and home to another kitty.
Looking forward to hearing how you are both getting on.

Take care

Pauline x

sue.b
11-10-09, 23:20
I am so pleased for you Elspeth, she looks gorgeous, soooo cute. She is such a lucky little girl to find a home that will give her so much care and love. I am sure this is what beautiful lady would have wanted for you.

Take care Els and enjoy little Sassy.

Love

Sue xxxxxx :bighug1::bighug1:

yorkylover
11-10-09, 23:44
She is a really lovely looking little kitty,dont feel guilty hun.
My partner got another cat not long after he lost his little girl,and he felt like you.His new cat is a rescue cat and has helped him with his loss.You have lots of love to give, and your little kitty needs someone like you to care for her.She will help with the pain you are feeling to.You have done the right thing.xxxxx:hugs::hugs::hugs:

kazzie
11-10-09, 23:53
Well said Ellen:hugs:

How are the tribe???

Buddy Ollie Rich and Mavvy???

Can u make Nov meet up???

Round mine so not scarey!!!!

Luv Kaz x x x:hugs:

amandaj
12-10-09, 12:36
aww shes lovely looks like one of mine elspeth ,ive got 6 of them to go you sure you dont want a cpl more lol
amandaxx

sandy35
12-10-09, 14:43
awwww she is so cute. I love cats and I have got a black cat called smudgie.

Anxious_gal
12-10-09, 15:24
aw she's lovely, she'll have you smiling in no time!
I got a kitten after I had to put my cat down, the new kitten could just about walk, she was so cute n silly, she really did help me feel better

yorkylover
12-10-09, 22:55
Kazz all fine here.Dont know about the meet up until nearer the time.Not been so good lately!!!!!

xBettyBoopx
12-10-09, 23:24
Thanks ev1 for lovely replies:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Sassy not eating very well today, she was ok Saturday and Sunday. I also bought her some cats milk as she's only just over 6 weeks old, but she doesn't want that either. Hope she eats properly tomorrow. She doesn't eat over night or go to the loo! I only live in a small flat but she stays in living room all night while I'm in bed. I gotta get used to a new kittie!:noangel:

Love
Els
xxx

nomorepanic
12-10-09, 23:25
She was a bit young to leave mum Els - mine were still feeding at 8 weeks off mum so maybe she is missing that.

xBettyBoopx
12-10-09, 23:37
She was a bit young to leave mum Els - mine were still feeding at 8 weeks off mum so maybe she is missing that.

Hi Nic

I thought so too, so what can I do if anything?

nomorepanic
12-10-09, 23:46
is there anyway you can get a blanket or something with the mums scent on it? that may help.

try and get her to come and sleep with you unless that is something you don't want long term.

xBettyBoopx
12-10-09, 23:50
is there anyway you can get a blanket or something with the mums scent on it? that may help.

try and get her to come and sleep with you unless that is something you don't want long term.

I can't get a blanket but she can come and sleep with me:)
Thanks Nic

Els
xxx

Rain
13-10-09, 00:18
What a beautiful kitten. With a face like that, I would call her Smudgey!
Make sure you buy kitten food and not ordinary cat food.
Im sure she will be fine. She's lucky to have found such a caring Mum.

Worrier
13-10-09, 18:56
Hi Els,

I was so delighted to see that you found a new furry friend. Good for you and oh boy is she adorable. She was maybe just a little young to be taken from her mum but you can surround her with love and affection and she will be fine.

Take care of yourself Els and hopefully we can email soon. I'd love to hear all the stories of what Sassy is getting up to.

Take care
Natalie x

bottleblond
13-10-09, 19:11
Els

Dip your finger in the milk and rub it on her gums so she gets the tatse of it again and the same with the food. This has worked for me a couple of times.

Best of luck
Lisa
x

xBettyBoopx
13-10-09, 19:17
:doh:Thank you Lisa, what would I do without my NMP friends?!:bighug1::bighug1:

PoppyC
13-10-09, 19:18
Hi Elspeth
My youngest cat was 5 weeks when I was given her - her mum had died in a road accident - and it took her a while to get settled. For the first few days she was not eating or drinking and was very clingy but the vet told me that is usual as she is in a new place and feeling a little bit vulnerable. She is still very clingy and I am sure it is due to her being separated from her mum at such a young age.
She is adorable and I would not be without her.
I am sure you will be a lovely mum to her.
Did you post a pic of her?

xBettyBoopx
13-10-09, 19:30
Hi Poppy

Thank you for the information. She seems alright, running around biting & scratching lol. I put a pic on my first post, but I will put another one here.

How are you feeling these days Poppy? I hope you are ok:yesyes::yesyes:

Els
xxx

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs235.snc1/8224_149437265204_611530204_2745446_306099_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2745447&id=611530204)

PoppyC
13-10-09, 20:04
Hi Elspeth
I am better than I was last week. How are you???
Your kitten is gorgeous. She is so sweet & tiny...her tiny cute little face Awwwww
I hope she brings you lots of happiness. I am sure she will.
She is beautiful.
What are you going to call her?

xBettyBoopx
13-10-09, 20:24
So glad you feel better than last week Poppy:):)

I am still struggling with the grief from Lady's death, also the guilt, I don't know how long it will last.

I have been getting out more because my dad bought me a car which I got on Friday afternoon of last week. I hadn't driven for over 2 and half years & was scared at first. I could never go far of course because of the panic but I have been to Asda and Tesco:yesyes::yesyes:next stop is the town............oh my...............will I get there? Need money to spend though:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Kittie is called Sassy, although I might change my mind:doh:

Love
Els
xxx

kazzie
13-10-09, 20:41
Hi Els:hugs:

Maybe try her on some fish???

Kaz x x x:hugs:

anx mum
15-10-09, 14:21
Ah bless she is lovely hun remember she will never replace lady but in time ur love her as much. Lady will always b in your thoughts. As u know im a cat lover too really r good company for u take care xx