PDA

View Full Version : Please help....

stevepound
12-10-09, 10:23
First of all my doctor and a psyciatrist say I have anxiety... but

I feel like I have lost my identity. I feel like im not in control of my own thoughts and actions. I feel Like im just an existing piece of meat. I feel like my past and present didnt even happen. I think im acting wierd or strange, but my family say theres nothing odd about my behaviour. Sometimes I will feel ok, but the majority of the day I will feel like this. I feel like my brain is going dead, like im slipping away from consiousness.

I feel like I have no emotions at all, like theve all left me

Can someone please help me with ideas what this is, because its torturing me, please

den68
12-10-09, 10:37
i feel like this sometimes. I think its our brains are that tired from constant worry that it plays tricks on us. I guess our brain needs a rest

stevepound
12-10-09, 12:05
but what is it?

den68
12-10-09, 13:09
its anxiety im sure of that now because i have had every test going and they were fine so it has to be. Do you ever feel your mind just keeps going on and on at you and you cant seem to stop it

Veronica H
12-10-09, 14:00
Hi Steve
Many of us have felt like this from time to time. I think it is your nervous system crying out for a rest. Go with it and try not to be too impressed by it, as this will get better. If you have not yet seen it, there is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES
ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a fellow sufferer who really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough.

Veronica