PDA

View Full Version : hating yourself

den68
12-10-09, 10:33
i have realised how much i hate myself for being like this. I cant see anything to like really. I hate that i have let myself become this person. Maybe its the cit that iv been on 2 weeks making me feel a bit like this. I guess i feel a failure at the moment. Does anyone feel this way

meg86
12-10-09, 10:48
Yes, anxiety causes me a great deal of self loathing, some days i cant stand to look at myself and i cant see why anyone else bothers with me.

Guilt and self loathing is common with anxiety, i always feel ashamed that i wasnt strong enough to get through my problems without developing anxiety.

So you are not alone :) x

den68
12-10-09, 10:53
thanks meg its so nice to know someone understands

jude uk
12-10-09, 20:28
I can relate so much to how you feel as I remember hating myself for having panic attacks anxiety agoraphobia.
Here was I travelling all over Europe for 3 yrs just with a sleeping bag, working here and there and travel on some more. Climbed Ben Nevis and never had a worry in my head. Then one day I am out playing golf and wham ...panic attack..just goes to show what golf does to you lol(only joking and I still play it)

Would we hate ourselves if we broke our leg, arm, foot? I doubt it very much, we would accept it as normal. Having anxiety etc is different but we are still normal and in no way does it mean we are weak individuals. In fact I would say we are stronger than most.

We are stronger because we face this everyday
We are stronger because we dont give up
We are stronger because even though we feel s**t we try to help others

Repeat 1000 times I AM FEELING BETTER EVERYDAY AND IN EVERYWAY AND IN EVERYWAY I WILL FEEL BETTER
Repeat and repeat until it sinks in and you believe it

hugs

Maj
12-10-09, 20:56
Don't hate yourself. People suffering from anxiety and depression are more often than not caring, considerate, dutiful people. Always there for someone else and forgetting your own needs. You will get more positive again given time.
Take care
Myra x

Mich1111
12-10-09, 21:48
Yes i can relate to you. I hate everything about me and I'm sure people hate me too because I cant do as much as them be as outgoing. :-(

Bunnah
13-10-09, 15:40
I understand Den.. I really, really so. Its so hard.

I could go on and on about what you could do, but I just want you to know Im here and I hear you.

B x x x x

den68
13-10-09, 16:41
i feel a bit better today. Maybe the cit is kicking in. Thanks for all your support guys