PDA

View Full Version : A little advice please and a hug :(

meg86
12-10-09, 10:42
Hello :)

I have suffered from anxiety for 2 years and i keep coming across a obstical that i find soo hard to overcome!

Whenever i feel like my anxiety is improving and my worrying gets less i develop a horrible set of other symptoms.

I feel like a have a big horrible nasty emptiness in my stomach, i keep crying all the time, i feel angry and irritable, I feel like i am going to crack and go insane, i can see my mind searching for things to worry about and im trying not to let it but i end up questioning everything!

I feel so unhappy and this is why i always get sucked back into the anxiety cycle, even though i hate worrying, i feel like it keeps me together, if my mind obsesses about one thing like cancer for example, i feel awful but i dont feel like im falling apart.

I would be grateful if anyone had any advice or have felt like this because im sinking :(

Thanks xx

den68
12-10-09, 11:09
i was thinking about this the other day and told my husband its like im so used to worrying i cant stand the feeling i get when im not. Its like being addicted to the adrenaline thats pumping when you worry and get so used to it when its not there it scares me half to death

chantelle
12-10-09, 11:15
Hi Meg

it's awful isn't it but we worry for so long it becomes second nature and we don't feel ok unless we are worrying. We need to say we can do... and not worry about not worrying!!!!! Easier said than done but try distraction... in the meantime

A little hug from me to you
to make you smile when you feel blue
to make you happy when you're sad,
to let you know life ain't so bad.
Now I've given a hug to you,
somehow I feel much better too
hugs are better when they're shared.
Hope you have a good day
Thinking of you....

Chantelle

PanicOver!!
12-10-09, 12:02
One of the hardest things to accept i think is to be relaxed with NOT worrying
sounds crazy but i guess thats the anxiety fighting back
but at least worrying about nothing is better than having something to worry about i suppose x

meg86
12-10-09, 13:10
Thank you for the replies and thank for my hug Chantelle :)

I find lots of advice on the net about stopping the worrying thoughts but not alot on the feelings you get after the worrying, i start CBT next week hopefully i will get some useful advice there.

xx

den68
12-10-09, 13:15
meg i find other people are always saying to me there is normal worry and yes its natural to worry about that but half the things you get out of proportion you need to stop worrying about things that dont matter. Then i start worrying about worrying and if i try to explain i cant stop it they say of course you can. Then i feel useless and start beating myself up about it. I think that people should execpt us for what we are and then maybe we would and the viscious circle may stop

Mudskipper
12-10-09, 13:36
I feel pretty much the same Meg. There was a time when I could be pretty much normal in between my major anxiety flare-ups, now my mind just seems to latch onto any little thing in between so that I feel in an almost constant state of anxiety. It's not nice and I don't have any magic solution, only displacement activity seems to help. I'm also on the list for CBT, having pretty much given up on medication and hypnotherapy, hopefully it'll help and I hope it works for you.

:flowers:

meg86
12-10-09, 14:08
Thanks guys :)

I am going to get myself back to the gym properly aswell to see if that helps, your right though my mind keeps clinging on to every little worrying thought i have, its like its trying to find something else to fill the void! its so hard!! im not letting it but feel soooo awful!

I dont know what i would do without your help so thanks xx