PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

emh
12-10-09, 12:12
I've just joined the site. I've been suffering panic attacks associated with driving for the last 8 yrs and I'm fed up of not being able to drive! Help!!

nomorepanic
12-10-09, 12:14
Hi emh

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

rachaelt
12-10-09, 15:56
Hi,

My panic attacks starting with driving too. What is it you don't like? Are you having any kind of treatment?

Rachael

PanicOver!!
12-10-09, 16:07
Hi Ya

Im sure you will find loads of help and support here

lorac
12-10-09, 19:49
Hi

Welcome to the site there is loads of good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

Tricky
12-10-09, 22:36
Hi emh,

Welcome to nmp:)
I have the same problem when it comes to driving and i'm sure there's more like us so your not alone...
Take care
Tel xxx

tallspruce63
13-10-09, 07:10
Hello to you too

just to acknpwledge - don't get a lot of time on the net and when I do it's at odd times - not able to use at work at all at the mo':)

tallspruce63
13-10-09, 07:22
Just like to say if u r driving u r doing OK and you need to be anxious to learn cos let's face it it is just a bit dangerous isn't it. I think if you were not even able to get into a car to learn that would be really inhibitive. I used to dread driving lessons and loose loads fluid sweating and border on road rage cos i was so hyped but u can't maintain it forever - keep telling yourself that and that this is a normal process and it doesn't matter if u mess up because that is the learning process it takes most peolple about six months to be familiar and about 2 yrs after passing their test to be reasonably competent - ,a lot of us blokes are good straight away that is why they allow us to give away higher insurance premiums
Just joking gents - but we we just do it anyway despite the fear don't we and then find out the hard way more often than not but maybe there is a balance there somewhere:)

cb543
13-10-09, 07:25
Hello. My problem is also with driving, at red traffic lights or in a traffic jam. I was given citalopram last week to help with the anxiety. Initial side effects are not good, doctor has changed me from 20mg to 10mg, in fact i'm off work sick because of them but hopefully they may start to take effect soon.