PDA

View Full Version : OCD with Anxiety disorder and avoiding situation

mum2four
02-11-05, 09:05
Associated medical conditions: Depression or other anxiety disorders may accompany OCD. And some people with OCD have eating disorders. In addition, they may avoid situations in which they might have to confront their obsessions. Or they may try unsuccessfully to use alcohol or drugs to calm themselves. If OCD grows severe enough, it can keep someone from holding a job or from carrying out normal responsibilities at home, but more often, it doesn’t develop to these extremes. 1

Depression or other anxiety disorders may accompany OCD, and some people with OCD also have eating disorders. In addition, people with OCD may avoid situations in which they might have to confront their obsessions, or they may try unsuccessfully to use alcohol or drugs to calm themselves. If OCD grows severe enough, it can keep someone from holding down a job or from carrying out normal responsibilities at home.2

OCD is sometimes accompanied by depression, eating disorders, substance abuse, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, or other anxiety disorders. When a person also has other disorders, OCD is often more difficult to diagnose and treat. Symptoms of OCD can also coexist and may even be part of a spectrum of other brain disorders, such as Tourette's syndrome. Appropriate diagnosis and treatment of other disorders are important to successful treatment of OCD.

__________________________________________________ ___________

This could easily explain why every say's i dont seem like i have OCD.

I've alway's tryed to avoid situation that might make my OCD tendancy obvious. My need to have things in order but not wanting to do it around people that dont understand at all. I also feel that I avoid doing thing incase I get angry and hurt the poeple around me even thoe i know i woalk away before I did that this is the fear that has driven me to avoid so much in life.

I posted this for other people that might feel the same way as me as well.

mum2four
02-11-05, 09:20
I know that people feel my issues are just anxiety but one thing confuse's me the most in all my reserch I have not come across anxiety with compulsion like head banging and rocking tapping ect or any other behavior that i had before the going on luvox.

If any one can show any me information that say's you can have anxiety disorder with compulsion like mine i would love to see it. All my reserch keeps coming up with OCD and compulsion's. So I thats why I'm so stuck on the OCD still.

mum2four
02-11-05, 10:25
http://termpapers-termpapers.com/dbs/e2/pnl67.shtml

People with OCD are so well aware that their ideas and behaviors are so odd, they often go to considerable lengths to conceal these symptoms. Almost all adolescence and adults with OCD are teribly afraid of being labeled “crazy,” and this is the case since their self-perception of the thoughts and behaviors linked with OCD seem so very bizarre to them.

Even relatively young children are often secretive about their obsessions, and as they grow older try to conceal their compulsions from their family, friends, and fellow school children.

nomorepanic
02-11-05, 11:02
Mum

OCD is definitely not a speciality subject on this message forum. Perhaps you could get some better advice from the larger OCD sites - I added links on another one of your posts.

Just a thought anyway.

Nicola

mum2four
02-11-05, 22:50
thank you for reply It makes sence I know that i really do know I do I tryed to convince my self of this for up untill 3 years ago i avoided pushing for a diagnoise for my kids and my self for my whole life I use to even tell people that you didn't need a diagnoise a title what ever you want call it up untill 3 years ago. I then my nana died and I reassesed my whole life I came to realise what i was I doing was NOT working so I started to change the way I saw the world basicly gave myself CBT just repeating over and ove what i wanted in my heart to do and beleaive in and it work i feel better than 4 years ago. I did the whole no matter what my kids have I will get them threw it with able labbling them or my self ect I did all that.

At this point in my life I hit the brick wall af run out of idea of ran out the kinda stenght I need to find the asnwer on my onw and the only way to get the help i need so desperatly right now is a lable no take you serious in the world uinless you have a label with put that labe my kids will never get the help that need to become strong healthy productive people of society and my worst fear is that will become like both side's of our family thay are and very hign risk of obesity and heart attack from both sides of the family more so from the dad side of the family. Thay are very HIGH risk of depression and anxiety from my side of the family and at even higher risk of no haveing healthy friedship or any friendship that are vital to help them threw life and avoid become depressed . Depression is a magor family trait on my side of the family my dad an alcohole and not has no real people skill and even less affection. My mum was never very affectionante and very obsessive about everything even to point of telling me how I was feeling even when o tryed to really tell her what i was feeling. She still try's her hardest to control me at any oppertunity she can get. We have aspergers on the dad side of the family and I highly suspect the lack or emostion on my side of the family is due the some form of PDD (pevasive deveopmental disorder) or maybe just anxiety and with drawale to protect the one's thay think thay might help. Both my sister and half brother(who is my dad brothers child with my mum and so he part cousion as well if that make sence) are very hard to get a long with my brother talk to talk with no care in the world to if anyone is really listening just like son with asperger. Both my sister and brother live in a pig sty very caractoistic of of PDD disorder thay are both absessivce about all the card game and manga production ect anything like manga as well i dont understand any of it but it there life. My sister is so control that while i was liveing with her for she was abusive to me and even hit me because i didn't do thing when she wanted them done or how she wanted them done.

I have trying to fight the family tradition so speack of not becoming so absessive that I no one can stand to be around me. Non of my family care to know thay are the way thay are and thay beleave thay need thay change I untill I 3 year's i was almost as stubborn as them but I know i was not going be happy with my self if I becam my mother.

As much I dont like the lable's as much I dont like the ruls of society and i have had many dispute over topic's like these that have many people's backs up at me. I can sit here any longer knowing that my kids are not getting help because no one will lable them with anything or even look at them long enought to really help me figure my step in life when it come to my kids. I ask people what can i do and thay aswer keep doing what you doing or get tuffer or be consistant but that dose not help me a tailor a plane to help my kids talk about how there feeling before thay explode with too many feeling's and fear that i know thay have. Every child is idfferent and that why i'm serching for answer's cause i need more info than just disaplin better if my daughter has fear that is setting her fright flight fight resopnce on high alert and i punish her than that gons

Chardonay
09-01-06, 11:52
Hi there
I have anxiety/ocd and yes I do avoid the situation if I can, as my husband always says to me.But other days I just get on with it and not worry, but then the next day back to avoiding.It is very hard to deal with and I am one of the ones who cannot work because of it,mainly because I worry about eveerything and have to have wetwipes with me all the time.

Tall dark and mysterious was his name,
magic love and money was his game.

Beauty is a real thing, not just a reflection in the mirror