PDA

View Full Version : New person alert!

annabanana
12-10-09, 18:11
Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I really hope I get some support from this site - I've tried a few others but got no where with them

I'm a 27yr old. I suffered from depression 4yrs ago which I overcame with counselling and citalopram (I'm convinced the counselling did more for me than the meds). However, after a weird virus two months ago, I've been suffering with health anxiety, convincing myself I've got MS. This is kinda sliding into depression too. My doctor has put me on buspirone, short term for anxiety in the hope that this will help the physical symptoms i'm getting but although they're helping with the anxiety, i'm still worrying about my health all the time. I'm hoping to be referred for CBT/counselling soon - I only working part time at the moment so can't really afford private counselling.

Any advice or words of support would be grateful received x

nomorepanic
12-10-09, 18:13
Hi annabanana

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

morbidangel
12-10-09, 18:17
hi this is mona.m new here too.
my sad story starts long way back wen i was teenager.i used to feel terrible meeting new people and going to new places.i used to do obnoxious mistakes at such events...the seqesnce of words coming out of mouth used to get totally absurd!! ahhhhhhhhhh it was aweful...m getting better with medication now thou...hope to learn more abt my condition and its solution here! :)

------------------
fighting panic attacks (http://www.fightingpanicattacks.com/)

Veronica H
12-10-09, 18:35
:welcome:to NMP. Glad that you have found us.

Veronica

lorac
12-10-09, 19:38
Hi

Welcome to the site, I think you will find lots of good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

Jaco45er
12-10-09, 19:51
I like the name lol

Welcome :)

Check out Claire Weekes self help books, I found them the perfect tool for dealing with health anxiety.

TC

Jaco

Tricky
12-10-09, 22:58
Hi annabanana
welcome to nmp, let me just say that i've been on other sites too and none even came close nmp!
Take care
Tel xxx

annabanana
13-10-09, 15:14
Thanks for your welcomes! Will look for Claire Weekes books.

Guess part of me's worried that in treating the anxiety my doctor won't consider that my problems might be caused by some underlying condition. A usual 'condition' of health anxiety I'm sure but even so...

Grrr!