PDA

View Full Version : WOW My Worst Attack Ever

Chardless
12-10-09, 18:32
Just had my worst attack ever, pains accross my chest were tight...this is ok isnt it ?

My arms feel heavy and tired now - is this normal ?

And my mouth keeps getting constantly dry - is this normal after an attack ?

Any help would be appreciated

Regards
Kevin

melvin
12-10-09, 18:35
hi mate iv had pains in chest lots of times but best get it checked by doc iv had ecgs and treadmill ecgs and i still get chest pain so i know what you mean

gypsywomen
12-10-09, 18:55
never just think pains in the chest are anxiety ,,you must see the Doctor,, about that as for dryness in the mouth this is anxiety so your heart probably is too,, but to be on safe side have it checked love

Chardless
12-10-09, 19:01
Probably slight exageration in regards to tightenings, they have gone now but chest feels sore. I'm worried now as your saying go to the doctors

gypsywomen
12-10-09, 19:45
look don't worry i didn't mean to worry you,, just thought to be sur:bighug1:e ,,maybe Doctor could check and put your mind at rest,,i do it myself get pains ,,then worry what they are 10 to 1 they are just anxiety but always double check, that's why we all come on here to find answers .it a great site ,,i was a nurse treating cancer patients.saw a lot of illness.think it affected me anyway please don't worry i don't think for one min anything wrong just nerves so forgive me xxx

jude uk
12-10-09, 20:18
The reason most people say see your doctor is because thats the first port of call. No one on here can give medical advice as such. Saying see a doc is never meant to frighten anyone, its purely making sure you have seen a doctor, with regard to all your symptoms and that includes panic attacks anxiety.

Chardless
12-10-09, 20:54
Hi im sorry i didnt mean to come across rude, i appreciate all your comments. I have suffered panic attacks before tonight i just can't seem to shake off the dreaded feeling that im having a heart attack even to the point where im getting pain in my left arm which might be where im thinking about it so much.

If i was going to have a heart attack i would of had one by now would i ?

i mean the pain isnt excruciating but its there, i suppose what im asking is heart attacks happen straight away not fester for an hour ?

I'm sorry but i have really scared myself tonight, normal panic attacks come and go, might just not be in the right frame of mind tonight

Thanks all for your comments i didnt mean to offend

gypsywomen
13-10-09, 08:37
you didnt offend ,,we only want to help you feel better love

emh
13-10-09, 10:43
I sometimes think the more you think about the pain, the worse it becomes! That's what happens to me anyway! The feeling down the arm is more than like the adrenaline, this is very normal. I huge panic attack can completely knock you over and can take days to recover. It will start getting better soon, just let it run it's course:)

JohnBliss
13-10-09, 18:45
I agree strongly that you should see a Doctor if you have a tight chest and pains down the arms. I had these symptoms three years ago, the diagnosis was angina, medication was prescribed and I've had no problems since
Regards
John

pinkcherryhearts
14-10-09, 17:07
Hi chardless
I think your fear of having an heart attack is causing you to mix up anxiety with heart attacks, panic attacks may feel like an heart attack so can heartburn, everytime I have a pain down my left arm i used to convince myself I was having a heart attack but never did. I came across a brilliant website that helped me distinguish a panic attack from a heart attack. The website is www.glasgowseps.com (http://www.glasgowseps.com), on here they provide free downloads and theres a health anxiety leaflet you can download which helps you to compare a heart attack to a panic attack and how to get over the fear of having one. hope this helps. take care :)

daisymaisy
15-10-09, 11:20
Hi

Thanks for recommending that website. I suffer from health anxiety and I found it really helpful. There's an error in address though - its
www.glasgowsteps.com (http://www.glasgowsteps.com) Just thought I'd say in case anyone is panicking cos they can't find it (or was that just me - lol):D