PDA

View Full Version : citalopram, 60 mg

dawsepill
13-10-09, 01:23
hi guys, i was told i had servere clinical depression and was given 20mg of citalopram.4 years later and i'am on 60mg now,
do the doctors just pescribe all the time instead of cure.
having lost my partner and family to my problems i am now on my own, still with the 60mg.
my question is, is 4 years on meds is to long in it to be taking these drugs, why dont the doctors offer different help?

Veronica H
13-10-09, 07:46
:bighug1:So sorry to hear that you have lost so much. I would return to your GP as this is a high dose considering that you are not being offered any other therapies long term. The 'MIND' charity is very supportive if you have one near you. Let us know how you get on.

Veronica

suzy-sue
13-10-09, 09:52
[/SIZE]

PoppyC
14-10-09, 12:46
Hi
I thought and so did people around me that my anti depressant would cure everything and transform me into a super happy bubbly confident person but they didn't. They do take the edge off anxiety and depression and help an awful lot but in some cases there is still a lot of work to be done in tackling how we feel isn't there in the way of counselling, self help, complimentary therapies or whatever works for us.
MIND are great for helping. I love their website.

yorkylover
14-10-09, 13:10
Hi I was on 20 mg then 40 now Im on 60mg.
I have been on meds for so many years I cant remember how long.I have had counselling as well though.Maybe you could put it to your gp and they will refer you.

My med's don't stop my anxiety but they do keep my depression down.I still have up and down day's but not like I used to.:hugs: