PDA

View Full Version : Heart Palpitation! is that normal?! please help!

Ahmed
13-10-09, 08:46
Hey guys now since a year or more... since i started having my panic attacks, i starteed having heart palpitation which ruins my whole day! :weep: it's like beats beats beats then no beat then beats again!! it kept freaking me out and making me go to hospital then there is nothing in tests! :weep: Does anyone experience the same thing? and if it is normal? Please help :weep:

Chardless
13-10-09, 08:54
Hi Ahmed,

This is a common sign to panic attacks, my heart beats fast, when you say no beat it is beating, its just where your so focussed on your heart beating you think it misses a beat but it doesnt. Its your mind playing tricks on you.

sb001f8994
13-10-09, 08:59
Hi Ahmed,
Yes Ive had these weird beats and its easy to say but they are nothing to worry about. If all your tests have come back ok then its only your anxious state making it worse. If you look to the left and see Health worries there is a good piece on palpitations which explains exactly whats happening, its really helped me to know we should just try and ignore them.
Hope this is a help.
Take care,
Carol

Ahmed
13-10-09, 10:07
Well the things is, it always comes to me in the best time where i have some fun and ruins my day then i just wanna leave and go anywhere, anywhere like home just to lay down. it is so disturbing:wacko:

meena
13-10-09, 10:21
Hi Ahmed.
Heart Palpitation is nothing to worry about,it is part of anxiety,more then the heart its our mind playing games with us.

baldy_dude
15-10-09, 10:28
I was even scared to open this thread in case there was something that would push me over the edge folks..... I've had these in the past few days and I'm really scared.... I'm scared that my heart won't start beating again after the palpitation.... I don't want to die.
I feel some reasssurance from what i have read here... but i'm scared to read the section about palpitations in case it does freak me out....

bluesky
15-10-09, 11:17
I doubt there is anyone on here who suffers with this who does not understand the debilitating effect it has on our Lives.... at the source of it is Panic/Anxiety. This can often lead us to believe that we have a Heart condition and consequently sometimes a Fear of Dying.... Mine started in 1978 or thereabouts when I was 22yrs old I am now 53 & have had these symptoms on & off for 31 years each year thinking despite the tests(WHICH YOU NEVER BELIEVE) that I had a Heart Problem & would drop dead of a heart attack at any moment...Obviously I haven't/didn't but it did not make the fear of doing so any less. Eventually after 31 years of going through this I did collapse at work and was taken to A&E. As a result of numerous tests it was established that I had had what is known as "complex Partial Seizure" a form of Epilepsy due to a malfunctioning of the frontal temporal lobes of my brain..... It was while speaking to the Consultant Neurologist after the diagnosis that I explained that I had suffered palpitations/anxiety/panic for 30 odd years and he suggested that this could be as a result of this latest diagnoses. He explained it as "electrical activity is happening in the brain all the time. A seizure happens when there is a sudden burst of intense electrical activity. This intense activity causes TEMPORARY DISRUPTION to the way our brains normally work, MEANING: that the brain's messages become MIXED UP" So for instance the brain even when at rest will send messages that put you into a FIGHT or FLIGHT situation as a result the brain will tell the bodies immune system/defences to amongst other things "pump more blood" to areas of the body that would be required to either FIGHT or FLEE....to do this the heart rate increases until the perceived threat is over, if in fact there ever was a threat. I am not advocating that this may be what ails you or others merely that now that I understand this is what is happening I have learn't to deal with the situation rationally. The analogy the Consultant used was the "phantom pregnancy" where a woman can convince themselves they have all the symptoms of a pregnancy when in fact they are not.....it's the brain telling them this like it's my brain telling me I have a heart problem when actually it's not it's just giving me the symptoms & I am telling me it's a Heart Attack!! I hope you find some strategy for coping with your palpitations & whatever the outcome NEVER GIVE UP LIVING YOUR LIFE.....:yesyes:

baldy_dude
15-10-09, 13:43
What a great reply - its funny how reassurance can make you feel physically better. I am now going through a couple of hours of contentment.... the demons will probably return, but I thank you for break in my torture.....

cheyenne
15-10-09, 14:06
it is panic and anxiety i still have palpatations im 37 .its scary when you get them i keep telling my self over and over im gonna be ok and then they stop .just try to stay positive and youll get through it

auqeam
17-10-09, 20:32
Can't really add to the great advice above especially Bluesky's but I can totally relate to the heart thing. I started getting what I call 'thumps' in my chest last year which would make me grab my chest and then cough once and it was terrifying. At first I got them once every few months then I worried more and it became weekly then daily until I went to see an unhelpful doc who was covering for my usual great doc and after seeing him it was like once every 5 mins! A week later I went to see my own doc and she was brilliant and made me see sense as to what was really going on, and since that day (about 6 months ago probably) I have only had it maybe 2 or 3 times and only when I was particularly stressed! Just goes to show.... Keep on going x

:)

Ahmed
19-10-09, 14:30
Well i am at work now, and it comes to me when i talk or laugh or walk with my collegues at work. It is so disturbing and it depresses me like no other. I'm trying to convince my self when my heart misses a beat is normal! But the more it comes the more i become worried about such things. I dont know what to do...and i dont know if i can handle this for long....all i wish is to live like others, but can't! I did relax at home for couple of days and slept so much. But still the same problem doesn't want to leave me alone. Please, i seek all of your help if any is there. Thanks alot....and i know i might sound stupid but really i am getting so much depression from it and all i ask is for help and for some understanding :weep:

http://www.voig.com/l.c.bin/F/8212748/Arthas_News.jpg

For The Lich King