PDA

View Full Version : I feel everythings heading for destruction

darkblue
13-10-09, 08:57
Hi

First post here and I'm trying hard to get out what I mean. I think there's something wrong with me well I know there is I suppose, my thoughts are mixed up. I'm happy one day down the next it's having a real effect on me, I feel like i'm in one world and everyone else in another, nothing feels real and I need to get away from it, trouble is people suspect im not quite right so I cant tell them my problems, I live in Edinburgh so the Highlands arent far away, I was thinking off bailing up North for a few days but I'm worried my friends and my girlfriend will get on at me so does anyone think it's best that I just go and don't say anything?

Thanks

den68
13-10-09, 09:09
firstly your not on your own with mixed up thoughts and feeling up then down. Alot of us know how you feel. Have you been to see your gp as if you havnt i think you need to explain to him how you feel. Your gp wont think your crazy but will be able to help. As for getting away. I have felt like doing that sometimes but havnt. Im not saying you shouldnt it has to be your decision. I think if you decide to you should tell your girlfriend or else she will be frantic with worry. At the very least ring her and tell her or write a letter explaining. But i really think you should go and see your doc

darkblue
13-10-09, 09:23
Hi

Thanks for your reply, I've called my doc and they're calling me back later. I wonder what meds he might give me I hope they work straight away as I'm losing it I feel.

den68
13-10-09, 10:25
try to stay calm a couple of weeks ago i thought i was losing my mind. Just getting it off my chest to doc did help and he gave me some antidepressants. They take time to work as today is day 15 and i do feel a bit better. I think they can give you some short term tranqilisers aswell but i didnt have them. Before you go to docs write everything down physical symptoms how you feel inside the lot. I found passing this to him helped him to understand whats going on and i didnt actually have to explain as i felt i couldnt

Bunnah
13-10-09, 15:37
Hi there... I hope that things went well at the doc and I really hope you are feeling a bit less distressed.As Den says.. I cant tell you what to do, but if I was your partner and you left without telling me, I would be very, very worried, especially if I felt that something was not right.

Check out this website.. http://www.edspace.org.uk/ and let us know how you are getting on :)

B x x x x

darkblue
14-10-09, 08:07
Thanks for the replies and the link, good stuff. I have an appointment this morning so I'll see how things go, my main problem is my mood swings it's terrible.