PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Don't Panic!
13-10-09, 14:19
Hi everyone,
I've just found and signed up to this site, I'm hoping it's going to help me in my quest to conquer my panic attacks. My first thoughts are of surprise - so many new members here in such a short space of time, it's such a great feeling to know that I am not alone!

I suffer from panic attacks, although I have not been assessed or diagnosed by a doctor/health worker, and I am not receiving any medication or treatment. However, these attacks are now starting to worry me - I recently had a bad attack whilst driving on the motorway, which was extremely frightening for both me and my partner who was in the car at the time. I do not understand why I suffer from these attacks or indeed what to do about them.

Some info about me - I'm male, 31, physically healthy. I have been 'mildly' anxious for around 10 years, often checking my pulse to ensure my heart is still working (stupid I know), and feeling out of control of myself. This has progressed to where I am today, more frequent and powerful attacks where I fear I am dying.

So, hello to everyone! I look forward to exploring this site

Don't Panic!

diane07
13-10-09, 14:22
Hi Don't Panic!

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

annabanana
13-10-09, 17:01
Hiya,

Like you, I don't know what's triggered my anxiety again...I thought i'd conquered it (and depression) 4yrs ago but evidently not! It's good to know there's so many people out who understand where I'm coming from.

One thing, please go and see your doctor so you can start getting the help you need. Don't forget that what we all suffer from on here are illnesses in their various forms so you need to start working with your GP to find out what treatment can work for you...there's so many different types.

Good luck, hope you gets lots from this site. I'm relatively new but it's reassuring to know i'm not alone.

Anna