PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attacks but no ECG

Chardless
13-10-09, 17:48
Hi all, i have had panic attacks and on Citrolopalm for 4 weeks, however i have not had an ECG yet has anyone else not had one ?

Will the doctors just let me have one if i go and ask, or do i need to tell them anything ? i have chest pain and common panic attack symptoms.

The reason i ask is that i just feel this small chapter needs closing and once i hopefully get the all clear from the ECG then i can start to get better, does this make sense ?

Regards
Kevin

mandyclare
13-10-09, 18:20
Yes it makes sense that you need medical reassurance that your symptoms are caused by anxiety. Maybe if you explain this to your doctor and tell him/her that you need your mind put at rest they will book you in for an ecg.

Chardless
13-10-09, 18:21
thanks would you know how long roughly i would need to wait to have one done?

mandyclare
13-10-09, 19:44
well i went to the doctor lasts friday and im having a quick ecg next monday so about 10 days here... after that if nothing is picked up i may have to wait for an appointment at the hospital to get a halter monitor for 24 hours. From everything i've read even if palpatations aren't caused by anxiety they are usually very very treatable so try not to worry :)

zest
14-10-09, 13:43
i get that ,its easy to get worried about it and hopefully the ecg will rest your concern.i had one and it read ok .try and accept it as a symptom and it should get better.