PDA

View Full Version : im a sufferer

cray-long-legs
02-11-05, 15:56
hi
im 14 and in year 10.
i started suffering from panick attacks in may, on a trip, i had to go to hosptal. they usually last from 1/2 hour to 2 1/2 hours- i collapse feeling faint and dizzy, and hyperventilate seriously. people get cross at me for having them, and tell me its my fault. i tell them i cant help them, but they dont understand its a real, proper disorder, so no ones offered to help me get any proffesional help. i get them when im stressed or under the weather, or in pain. im easily stressed so this is a problem, and iv just started studying for my gcses, i dont know how im going to cope. my first three attacks were so bad, the school had to call an ambulance, they were in th espan of about 1 week and a bit. iv had six or seven now. iv tried yoga to keep carm but it doesnt help. i get mood swings- and when im depressed they often happen, i also have a quite stressfull family life. im not particually afraid of anything though. im just worried that they are going to take complete hold of me.
please post back with help.

Buby
02-11-05, 16:10
Hiya, I can sympathise with u in a way. Iv jus turned 16, and doing my gcse's at school. I miss ALOT of school because i have a fear of people being sick and me being sick. Everywhere i look, people look like they're gonna throw up lol. Im easily stressed too, and walking helps me alot, especially at night. Maybe you should try it? I only normally walk with my dad because he is the only 1 that calms me down.

Has your school offered you any counselling from your school counsellor? If you have one that is. Talking about it can really help, and writing things down which i do every night about my day and how i have been and how i coped with certain situations. Do you miss any school because you're afraid your going to panic? Whats caused your really bad panic attacks?

Hope your feeling better. Tc Rachel xxxx

cray-long-legs
02-11-05, 16:23
after my first week my school sent me home for a week and a half. i don't take anymore days off, after one, i sometimes go home and miss the rest of the day, or take some time out, and come back to lessons. i dont have a fear of having them, iv had some eating problems, which iv kept private, but i feel faint a lot and tired because of them, my teachers suspect though, and they tell my mum i skip lunch and stuff, my mum doesnt think its serious, but sh egets really annoyed with me, i get them though, even if iv eaten, my first and bigest, i had this really bad pain in my side, and was in agony and thats what caused that one. i know when im going to hav eone though, i go really faint and dizzy, iv managed to stop a few from starting, but its really hard. we don't have a counsellor at school, and its impossible to get help, without anyone finding out. i do keep a diary when i have time- i used to every day- but it didn't help. i love walking, but i find it hard to find time, because, i go to my dads for part of the weekend, spend all week doing work, and i go to london a lot as im sogned to a modelling agency. ill try walking more, i used to excersise for an hour every night. i just find it really hard to supress the anger, despair and stress that builds up inside me.
thanx so much for replyingxxxxxx

clickaway
02-11-05, 17:10
Hi there and welcome aboard.

Sorry to hear what you've had to endure this year.

People often suffer from panic attacks when they have so many things going on and there are major changes in their lives. At 14, you are fast growing into an adult with all that entails - exams, puberty, periods and stuff not to mention the stressful family life you mention. On top of this, you have the modelling agency work to deal with.

As Ratchit says, walking can release stress - find somewhere safe, perhaps with a group of you.

Have you seen your doctor with these issues, in particular the eating problems? Its important that you get your eating back on track, so please get get help, even if it means seeing the doctor on your own.

I know from when I was your age how bad it is to suffer from something that other kids don't understand, as I had epilepsy as a teenager and it made me a bit isolated. I don't want that to happen to anybody else.

Get talking to others on here - as you see there are others around your age - doing that will help you cope better.

Cheers,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

nomorepanic
02-11-05, 19:25
Welcome aboard Crazy - love the name.

Nicola