PDA

View Full Version : struggling with dp and cbt

hopers
13-10-09, 20:56
i have cbt tomoro its my 2nd turn and im totaly dreading it, its not that i dont want to go its facing up to my problems , and having to deal with them, i have spent so long fighting them and keeping them locked up im sceard as what will happen if i do let them come out, i have a toddler and in fear of passing on my problems on to her, and knowing that doing cbt will help in the long run, but today i cant face anything never mind that,
i feel at the moment to give it up and try at a later date but i might loose fight if i do.

iv felt so down these past couple of days and have felt that there is no point in going , but then at he same time i no i shouldnt give up, just such a struggle at the moment and finding that i cant cope wih the simplest of things,

what should i do ?? any one has any advice please its very welcome

Bluebird
13-10-09, 22:24
Awwww hunni I'll be there with you in spirit hun and you know where I am if you need me xxxx :bighug1::bighug1:

Mandylou
14-10-09, 09:36
:flowers: You need a really big :bighug1:and another one :bighug1:It's early days yet and the therapy will help in the long run. I'm just about to be assessed to see if cbt will help me - it's a scary thought - like opening a can of worms!! Take good care of yourself - we're here for you. :hugs:

claire m
14-10-09, 10:14
hi hopers. im into my 5th cbt session, and yes it is difficult and at times i havent wanted to go but this is when you should really try your hardest to go and then they can see you at your low point and can help you deal with that. xx

Bluebird
14-10-09, 19:12
Hey hun
How did it go today?
xxxxxxx

hopers
14-10-09, 20:03
hiya huny,

it wasnt as bad i thort it was gonna be, i explaind to her all my fears and the way i was coping and it tuned out to be more helpfull to go,

i stil feel really down but now i have a bigger understnading of why i should go now and persavire with it

thanks for your sopport hunny

huggels and fishes xxx

saz2121
22-10-09, 05:23
Hi Hopers,

Taking time out to yourself to understand CBT really helps. You can read about it in your own time like i have been doing. It's enabling me to understand my Therapy better. I can see my therapist and i moving quicker to recovery through this.

Try books like CBT for Dummies & Mood Mapping - i personally find these helpful. Amazon hold decent CBT self-help books.

Sarah x

hopers
22-10-09, 08:13
thanks for that , i will defonalty be looking in to those thanks :):):)

hopers