PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new!

Anniejay
02-11-05, 18:03
Hi, I am so so glad that I've found this site, because at the moment I feel like I'm slowly going mad. I am 47 years old, with a fabulous husband, 2 great teenage kids, a job I'm very happy in and a pretty good social life but - panic attacks, depression and anxiety are totally ruining my quality of life. I had blood tests a couple of weeks ago to see if I had a thyroid problem or if I was menopausal, but the results came back negative. I went to the Doctors last night who has given me pills (buspirone?) to help with the anxiety, but as I am already on sertraline (and have been for several years as I have suffered with the aforesaid symptoms to a lesser degree in the past) I'm scared to take them. To be honest up until about a month ago I've been fine and the sertraline have to a certain extent helped with the panic and anxiety, but could it now be that they are no longer strong enough? Any advice greatly appreciated, and I shall also read through the pages on this site for help.

Thanks!

Anniejay

Annie

Trev
02-11-05, 18:18
Hi Annie,

welcome aboard. There's loads of good advice and supportive people here with plenty of experience. It's helped me loads so I hope it does the same for you.

All the best,
Tev :D

trac67
02-11-05, 18:24
Hi Annie,
Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice and make some great friends here. The best advice ever is to stay focused and positive.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

nomorepanic
02-11-05, 19:15
Hi Annie

A warm welcome aboard the forum and lovely to see you here.

I don't know much about buspirone but may find some links on here for you - so watch this space.

Hope we can be of some help anyway.

Nicola

nomorepanic
02-11-05, 19:17
here you go ....

Buspirone Hydrochloride (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3212)

Nicola

tammyg
02-11-05, 19:48
Hi Annie,

welcome to the site

Tammy x

dream
02-11-05, 20:01
hi annie
welcome to this site
denisex

denise

jill
02-11-05, 20:11
Hi Annie

WELCOME TO THE SITE

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

chucklehound
03-11-05, 11:46
Hi Anniejay and welcome to NMP where you will get lots of support

and make some new friends too.:D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

Sweep1
03-11-05, 12:06
Hello Anniejay

A big warm welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll find lots of good advice and reassurance here.

Take care

Sweep1

seh1980
03-11-05, 12:13
Welcome aboard!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

3faces
03-11-05, 14:51
Welcome Annie:D:D

Jem xxx