PDA

View Full Version : Stopped taking Fluo- now regret badly

Graz
14-10-09, 09:11
Just wanted to share some experiences. I was taking fluoxetine for around half a year with good results. As it's difficult to go to the dr from work (train travel, long walks) I stopped taking them as I ran out and couldn't get another presctiption. Fine for around a month but am now a total wreck. Depressed (which I wasn't before - I think life is pointless but then remember good friends and don't feel so bad), more anxious than ever, and lost my appetite again. Sitting at work feeling sick now, contemplating running back home :(

Fourtunately managed to go to the dr yesterday and get some more, which I hope works. No sign of any improvement yet. Just a little word of warning to those who are fine and thinking of stopping- always ask the dr first!

Tangerine Man
19-10-09, 18:23
well done on getting back to the dr. I was told by the dr that they take abt 3/4 weeks to build up properly and any decrease needs to be slow. Good luck in the next 3 weeks or so and thanks for the sound advice.

eastender24
12-11-09, 00:50
I've missed 3 weeks before and started again with no ill effects, but it did take 3 months when first taken to gain any benefit