PDA

View Full Version : when to take escitalopram??

jos
02-11-05, 18:27
hi there
I have been taking 10mg escitalopram for 9 months now for anxiety and depression
It has been difficult to tell how useful it has been as i was so bad at the beginning and have had a lot of psycologist input as well -

Mornings have been the worst time from about 5am - easing in the afternoon to evening - one suggestion has been to change when i take the SSRI -

does anyone know if there is a best time to take it - has anyone has tried different times of day - i started with breakfast to avoid disrupting my fragile sleep

cheers jos

mila
02-11-05, 19:54
Hi Jos,
that is the time that is recommended mostly for taking antidepressants , morning, after breakfast . I`ve been taking same strenght for 5 months and i take it in the first half of the day :) i always forget to take it after breakfast :D I`ve even had days when i`d forget to take it until late . I think (and i should know really cause i`ve studied pharmacy lol) that after a while it doesn`t really matter as long as you`re taking it every day at a certain time cause after first 4 or 5 weeks the levels of drug in your blood reach a certain level which is steady throughout the day as long as you keep taking it.
Millie

blossom
02-11-05, 22:18
From Blossom. I have been taking 10mgs of Cipralex for 2 years now, and have still got that awful weeping all the time, I wake with it, and I dont know whether I am expecting to cry of whether its depression. Have been trying to get out with husband and cousin, but its been hard. This week have not had courage to go, ssw doctor last night, and he has upped the CIPRALEX to 15 mgs instead of the 10mgs, am afraid to take the other 5mgs, as am scared of more side effects getting used to them, can anyone help me. Been on them 2 years at 10mgs. Has anyone experienced more side effects when their dose has been upped. thznkyou, someone please answer me.

mila
02-11-05, 22:24
Hi Blossom, I really think you should start taking 15mg . What side effects did you feel? Did you still have side effects after 2 years of taking them? If you were still feeling depressed a bit the doctor should`ve uped the dose earlier...You really shouldn`t feel more side effects if you take that extra 5 mg. I would take it and give it some time .
Millie

blossom
06-11-05, 23:28
HI Mila, I have been taking the extra 5mgs of Cipralex for three days now, and after two years on the 10mgs, I am still getting the side effects since upping this extra 5mgs, feel more anxious, Iusually take them early in the morning and dose off back to sleep again as I do not go to work, and thats when I wake up very weepy. Have been trying to get out, but this week, it has not been possible, how long will the side effects last for this extra 5mgs. Gets so Anxious and anxiety is worse, but if it stops the weeping, it will help me. Thankyou, love from Blossom xx