PDA

View Full Version : Terrified I have something seriously wrong

countrygirl
15-10-09, 14:08
I have two long term problems - damaged spine which gives me pain in just about everywhere at times and am never pain free and also IBS in that no other explanation for my weird feelings of pressure and bubbling in abdomen and cramps before a bowel movement.

I moved house 2 months ago and up to then I had had quite a few months IBS free but within a week of moving the bubbling and popping and pressures returned and then the awful cramps left side through to my back for up to an hour before a bowel movement - as I go up to 4 times a morning this is not good.

On Monday I fell off my shoe is you know what I mean - my foot twisted and my foot went over and although i did not hurt my ankle or foot I felt a real Jarring sensation in left side of my back part way up ribs - it wasn't painful but I knew I had done it.

4 hrs later I got awful pain in my ribs down to waist sort of from shoulder blade to top of hip on that side - mixture of toothache like pain with sudden sharp stabbing pain under and around rib. I also had terrible wind and so did not know if the pain was bowel or from my accident.

Saw Dr next day who said as I had twisted probably that. I have appt to go back next week but I seem to be getting worse each day. I have done something to my back muscle as its hurts when i bend forward or straighten and is stiff but my pain before bowel movements is so much worse as well?????????

I had loads of tests 18 months ago inc colonsocopy and told nothing wrong so its a functional problem.

I have a new Drs who I do not know and hard to see same Dr unless you book a week in advance - one Dr was sympathetic to my health anxiety but cannot see him again for a week.

I am in terrible pain and very frightened - I know that I have had terible painf rom both back and bowel over the years and I am still here - and I def don't have any blockage as going to toilet plenty! and passing gas but health anxiety in freefall.

mandyclare
15-10-09, 14:11
This sounds like typical IBS to me but why dont you make the appointment for a weeks time and in the meantime write down a log of toilet use and pain etc so that you can go along to see him armed with all the info. Im sure a move could trigger a new bout of IBS because however exciting a new home can be it's also bound to have it's stresses and the change alone might have unsettled you.

Hope you feel better soon