PDA

View Full Version : I'm back xx

Pink Princess
15-10-09, 15:11
hiya all, just thought i would post an update.

Havent been using this site for a while, i was doing ok when i left, i started to attend a centre called 18 and under which was supporting me through abuse issues. it was hard to start with but managed to go every day and do a bit of volunteering. then the boss said to me one day i should publish a poem book with some of my poems.... so thats exactly what i did.

the last few months have been really tough and my anxiety is really bad so needing some support to get through this. in july we had the book launch for my book, was just a small thing in the town city chambers and press was fantastic and let me have a dog there as support, so he is now a famous dog as his photo went in the paper too lol. the day before the book launch my mum had a heart attack and had been rushed to hospital. she has been quite ill since then, she got 2 stents put into her heart and is on medication but they were pleased with how she has recovered. we have now discovered my mum has bowel cancer. ( whihc runs in the family ) she has just recently had the op to remove half of her bowel but again they were pleased with the operation as it was very risky but went well. now just waiting on results to find out what the next step is regarding chemo and if it has spread etc.

since the book launch, things have went down hill for me. i had been searching for an aunty for many years and she got a copy of my poem book and we managed to get back in touch. she didnt have a clue what was going on so i came to stay the weekend and she found out what had happened to me. i had to go back home for mum etc being in hospital. i came back in august for a holiday for a week or so, but while i was here, the brother who abused me was now living back at home. so i have not been able to go back home.

we have decided its time for all the family to know, and for the police to finally be involved. i have 2 neices to protect now so i am needing to do this for them. my 2 older brothers now know about both uncles hurting me and also by other brother. my dad knows about 2 uncles but not brother as they didnt know how to tell him. we have all agreed mum needs to be told nothing right now til she settles down a bit. its really bad timing.

the uncle who abused me since i was 4 has been told he is no longer welcome in the house, his wife ( my aunty ) has defended him but we all thin he is hurting her too as he is a very violent man. i am now getting support from victim support, and a few other organisations. we are taking one day at a time but the next ste is me being able to make a statement to the police. he has denied it so it will go to court which im not strong enough for yet.

i have the doctors on monday to see about medication to calm the anxiety a bit and hope the sleeping gets better. also having to attent relaxaton therapy etc. hopefully this will help me get through the next few months. its hard for it all to be out in the open as its a very scary and hard thing to do, but its took me a long time to be able to get this far and i now have a job to protect my neices.

i am living with my aunty for now, i am down for housing but not sure how long that will take.

think that is about all. will keep you all updated with how things go but just now its a day at a time.

the link for my poem book is

http://shop.vipshop.org.uk/epages/es109676.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es109676_shop/Products/044

hope everyone is ok, and hope to catch up with you all soon. take kare. thanks for reading

saffie xxxxxxx

kazzie
15-10-09, 15:30
Hey Saffie:hugs:

Im sorry to hear about your Mum:hugs:

But Im so releived that all this is out in the open....I used to worry sick about it all when we were in touch:weep:

You are one very brave young lady:flowers:

Luv Kaz x x x:bighug1:

Ps have you still got Jay Jay???

weeble40
15-10-09, 19:02
Hey hunni, Im so sorry to read what you have been through, although I did know bits, I didnt realise it was so bad, Im sorry to hear about your Mum,

but one thing I am glad about is YOUR BACK, we have missed you, and hopefully your back to stay and we can help you get better again

take care hun cant wait for me book to arrive

Emms xxxxx

mandyclare
15-10-09, 19:05
aww bless you sweetheart... you have really been through it hey.. but you are so strong and I will definately be checking out your poem book.. i write poetry too. You are so brave.. be very proud of yourself and i wish your mum all the best

Mand x

Lila
15-10-09, 20:02
I don't know you but you sound so brave and strong. I am glad your Mum is doing well. Congrats on your wonderful achievement in publishing your poetry!!! How amazing is that?

Best of luck to you and I am sending good, happy, lucky vibes your way.

leo05
16-10-09, 02:14
hey hun, big hugs and well done on ya book. and here for you stay strong
hope ya mum gets well soon xx
missed ya
tc
lea xxxx

sandramick
16-10-09, 09:23
really proud of u saff , with u all the way
hugs
sandra
xxxxxxx
:bighug1:

Pink Princess
18-10-09, 22:15
hi all, thankyou for the wishes and support.

the poetry book was hard yes, but i am glad i have done it and am looking forward to doing more.

its going to be a long road ahead but i will get there.

and kazzie, of course i still have jay jay, he is in even in the artwork in the poem book lol.

love and hugs

saffie xxx

bottleblond
19-10-09, 16:45
welcome back Minnie Mo! :hugs:
Love Lisa
xxxx