PDA

View Full Version : A mixed bag

Historienne
15-10-09, 15:25
Hi guys

New to NMP so here goes! About 8 months ago a i had a very stressful time with a now ex partner, I am only 22 years ols and have always been very laid back and generally didn't suffer with stress/anxiety. Out of the blue I started with strange symptoms such as waking in the night with pins and needles in my hands. To cut a very long and boring story short I went to the doctors and he said they were classic symptoms of anxiety but silly me had googled the symptoms and convinced myself I had MS!

I also went to see a neuro, had an MRI and visual evoked potential test all of which were clear and the neuro wasn't worried at all. This was great and I started to feel better but then 2 weeks ago it all started again.. waking with pins and needles, constipation, a sort of numb feeling in the right hand side of my body, constant blurred fuzzy vision in my right eye mainly, funny hearing sometimes if I have been listening to loud music (this never used to happen before), I also feel like I can't breathe sometimes when I am very tired... I get a tight feeling in my chest. Still scared about MS as I have read (on google once again!!) that MRI's can sometimes not detect early symptoms.

Anyone else had similar things???? The doctor seems to think all of my symptoms are a physical sign of anxiety, even though I don't feel too anxious??? Help!!

Thanks!

Historienne
15-10-09, 15:32
Also meant to say I feel very dizzy alot of the time, even when sat down!! Stiff neck and a buzzing feeling in my legs often at night that wears off, sorry to moan but I have never experienced anything like this and so I assume the worst.....

Welsh.Baz
15-10-09, 16:21
Sounds like your typical anxiety symptoms, but if you aren't convinced just speak to your GP for more advice until you are able to see him/her.

gypsywomen
15-10-09, 16:27
you don't have to feel anxious to have anxiety you have all classic symptoms.9 out of 10 peope on here have all these symtoms at some :)point.hope you feel better soon maggie

Historienne
15-10-09, 17:50
Thank you

But to have the symptoms 95% of the time? I just keep thinking there's more to it. I must have been to the doc's (the family doctor who is very very good) about twenty times in the past 8 months... Its like I just want somebody to say yes I have all of those things (its not even an exhaustive list!) and no I don't have something more sinister that the docs/neurologists aren't picking up on.

Thanks for your posts

nomorepanic
15-10-09, 18:24
Hi there

Have a read of the Symptoms page on the left hand side and it will explain all of these symptoms and why you get them - it may help reassure you.

Historienne
16-10-09, 17:04
Anyone else wake up in the middle of the night with a whole body tremor? I think it might be in my leg and with me lying down it feels like the rest of my body is shaking too... once I move around it goes off however. I just feel like my body has been taken over this past year by something I have no control over!