PDA

View Full Version : Im a greenhorn

RoyJones
15-10-09, 16:51
Hey, I'm Roy from South Wales and am sick and tired of this panic and anxiety 24/7 so thought I would check you guys out. Looks a cool site.

Been watching that deadliest catch thing on TV and everybody new is a greenhorn, so guess that's me!

Anyway, apart from feeling like I live in a bubble, I get lots of pounding heart and my throat goes all tight and I think I'm going to die and I can't breath and I get tingling sensations and I go all blurry.

From what I have seen on the net,that sounds about average, so I really pity anyone who has worst symptoms. God is there anybody out there who can help? My doctor is useless, keeps telling me to lose weight, give me a break.

Anyway, just thought I would let you know I'm here

Cheers

Roy

nomorepanic
15-10-09, 16:52
Hi RoyJones

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

annabanana
15-10-09, 17:15
Hiya,

I'm hoping to try CBT or some other kind of talking therapy. Advice re. doctor...can you try another one in your practice? I was seeing one doctor quite happily then when I went to him once (admittedly after several appointments in quick succession cos of health anxiety) as I walked through the door he said 'oh please let it be about something different'...gee thanks! So anyway, I haven't seen him since...found another doctor in the practice who seems to listen to me and take my thoughts/experiences seriously.

Good luck - I only joined this a few days ago but I find it good to know that I'm not alone and that plenty of people are battling anxiety etc in its various forms.

Take care x

pollyanna
15-10-09, 17:25
Hi Roy and :welcome:
I am sure you will find this site as useful as i have.
I agree with anna, maybe try and find another doctor who is more helpful, its bad enough living with this , but having a GP who either doesnt take you seriously or is just generally unhelpful, is a nightmare.

Best wishes

P

diane07
15-10-09, 19:19
A huge warm :welcome: to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

best wishes

di xx

RoyJones
22-10-09, 15:02
Just wanted to say thank you to all who replied to my post, really nice to know I'm not alone , even though it has felt like it this past couple of weeks cos my computer went down! Nightmare, what do you do when your lifeline gets snapped!

Anywat thanks again

Roy

PanicOver!!
22-10-09, 15:52
Hi

You will find loads of help and support here

Welcome