PDA

View Full Version : Bruise-like headache

annabanana
15-10-09, 18:30
Hi guys,

In true HA form, the other evening I noticed my temples sore right worse than left, kind of like a really sore bruise like pain, so I kept pressing and it got worse (of course)! Well it's still there now, and even though I'm not poking it, it throbs every now and then.

I am prone to headaches anyway, but have noticed a lot of head, ear pain and toothache. To add to this, ever since a strange virus two months ago, where one of the glands in my throat was swollen (the right), the gland still seems prominent...not swollen but more 'there' than the left one.

Does anyone suffer from similar or are you able to advise me as to what it might be? I'm worrying (no surprise!) that it might be a tumour or something on my gland or in my head that's pressing on something and making it hurt. Lots of 'somethings' in there...sorry!

debs180
15-10-09, 20:04
Hi,
I cant tell u what it is, but i can tell u i have experianced similar to the briuse like feeling in my temple, or more so just above my eyebrow, and like u i keep rubbing and pressing and it felt worse. Once the headachey feeling had subsided i still had the bruised feeling, but it did go after a few days.
Hope this helps a little, take care.

Debs x

mandyclare
15-10-09, 20:08
Hi... ive got a gland that never properly went down and apparently sometimes that happens... the pain in your temple sounds like it could be coming from your wisdom teeth.. might be worth checking with the dentist?

Mand

annabanana
15-10-09, 20:43
Thanks for the replies...it's nice to get reassurance as ever but knowing how us HA's love reassurance (!) I can't vouch for how long it'll last!

Had check up at the dentist last week (routine) and mentioned pain as it suggested to me to be wisdom teeth. She said there's no evidence of upper wisdom teeth coming through (lower right hand one was removed earlier in the year) so there's nothing they can do for now. They're not even visible on the xray. Doctor xrayed jaw just before having tooth removed and he said they look fine and I shouldn't have any trouble with them!

I have a review with my GP next Tuesday so if it's no better by then, I'll mention it to him.