PDA

View Full Version : chest pain

poppy1
15-10-09, 19:28
Ive had health anxiety for 15yrs since my uncle died suddenly at 35 in his sleep. Since then anything that replicates his last night whether its a chinese or a party (both of which he did that night) i avoid.

My uncle had pins and needles in his arms prior to his death and i spent a yr or so thinking i had the same thing and would spend so much time trying to figure out whether it was and to reassure myself, at one point i was seeing my doc as an emergency up to 3 times per wk! it then graduated to chest pains, palpitations, cancer and everything else i worried about, every night going to bed worrying i would die in my sleep, i often would try to stay awake and was suprised to wake up i was so convinced.

Ive had CBT which helped as it was an hr a wk to talk about how i felt. I was also put on Seroxat which was effective although i still had times where i would obsess over my health and think i was going to die in my sleep and had chest pain and palpitations regularly.

I am now coming off seroxat and the chest pain has returned with a vengence. Ive had ecg and echocardiagrams and doc says its muscular skeltal because i can put my finger on it. Although i can tell myself this its still causing me massive amount of anxiety and im avoiding going out ect again because im so anxious. Bach rescue remedy has helped but so much im now worrying about not worrying!

Im stressed out to the max and now worried all this stress is going to cause what i worried about! does anyone else have this almost persistant chest pain which they have to focus on to check whether its 'ok' and have to go through every nt to see if its ok to go to sleep.

Even writing this it sounds barmy but i cant help it, im bored of it now after 15yrs!!

melvin
15-10-09, 19:40
hi there iv had chest pains for months now iv had ECG and treadmill ECG all ok but i know what u mean it gets on my nerves to when i get it all my concentration goes on it i get it right in the middle of my chest and back so i think mines muscular