PDA

View Full Version : introduceyourself

heather rose
15-10-09, 20:56
Hello, I'm new. Relieved that i've found that i'm not the only one whose mind has taken over their body! I dont know what came first - anxiety and then depression or vice versa! They tell me I have a & d. and am on citalopram 20 for 5 weeks now. Sufferred bereavement and shortly afterwards husband nearly killed but survived with injuries now nearly mended, thank God. But my mind has not mended! (i'm sobbing again.)
Off work now after crisis p a. Job v stressful at least for me lately for due to hypervigilance and anxiety.

When I read how other people felt i thought that's me!!
Didn't want to be on my own , claustrophobic, cant sleep without tv on in background, hate crowds, shopping, worrying about everything seeing the black side all the time. I know im doing it but cant stop! mind just races out of control. cant read a book, cant concentrate. Not sobbing quite as much now as i was before ad but still experiencing other probs. How long till i get normal! I honestly dont remember when I was normal, and happy.

diane07
15-10-09, 20:57
Hi heather rose

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Fran74
15-10-09, 21:08
Hello Heather Rose
welcome on the forum you will find lots of support-:)

we are all in the same boat here :hugs:
speak soon
fran

eternally optimistic
15-10-09, 21:11
Hi Heather Rose

You've come to the right place to get support.

I hope you find lots of help and from the site.

You are very normal just going through a rough time at the moment.

Things can and do get better.

Take care.

sue.b
15-10-09, 21:16
Hi Heather :welcome:

Sorry you have had such a rough time of it lately, you have had a couple of big stressful events happen to you enough to shake anyone.

Anxiety and depression seem to go hand in hand very often. I have experienced most of the symtoms you mention, not wanting to be alone, avoiding shopping, not only did I not like crowds I didn't want anyone apart from my Hubby around and if friends rang to say they were popping in to see me panic would set in. My mind would race with negative thoughts etc. and I too couldn't remember what it was like to feel "normal" in fact I was convinced I would never feel that way again.

This has all taken place since the middle of June, during the last week and a half I have remember how it feels to be "normal" because, most of the time I am back to my "normal" self.

You will get there it does take time and is very up and down. Once you are on the right dose of AD's for the right length of time you will feel much better and also feel strong enough to tackle being alone, shopping and crowds, just give yourself time and be kind to yourself.

There are a lot of nice people on NMP who are very supportive hope this site helps you as much as it has helped me.

Take care

Sue xxx:bighug1: