PDA

View Full Version : Ears and Anxiety

DreamBoy
15-10-09, 23:41
Hello Guys!

Hope your all OK!

Im just after some advice. I have been suffering with anxiety for many years, but recently only just realised how bad it has actually got and only just started doing something about it.

Since it became quite bad, Ive also noticed that I seem to be experiencing lots of problems with my ears.

Now I know this sounds stoopid but I was wondering if the two can be linked?

If anyone has any input I would love to hear it.

Cheers guys x

KGBell
15-10-09, 23:58
I just found this site. I experienced what I think is a panic attack today, but have had anxiety problems since I hit perimenopause four years ago. Got on the computer to research it when I got home and found this site. But I digress, I have had a "problem" with my ears too also my sinus's. I keep thinking it's an inner ear infection that's causing some of my problems. I have had ringing in my ears since I was a kid, but it gets worse with anxiety. Also pressure on my nose bridge. Drives me nuts. Wonder if there is a connection.
good luck.
K

SmartyPants
16-10-09, 17:11
I am pretty sure there is a link between Anxiety and Inner ear problems.

I suffer both Anxiety and Inner Ear Problems which include Tinnitus. I recently read about a finding by someone named Harold N. Levinson that claims that Anxiety and Agoraphobia can be caused by inner ear problems and after treatment of medication, the anxiety fades to nothing.

He has wrote a book called "Phobia Free: Medical Breakthrough Linking 90 Per Cent of All Phobias and Panic Attacks to a Hidden Physical Problem" which I will grab at sometime and have a read. It is a pretty big statement, but could be some truth in it.

I wasn't sure if it was the other way round and Anxiety caused the ear problems as it is worse when Anxiety is worse.

Either way, it may be worth looking into and I do have inner ear problems like you DreamBoy and sure there is some sort of link there.

Historienne
16-10-09, 22:48
Yes I've had muffled hearing on and off in one ear for about 2 months now...