PDA

View Full Version : Pain down left arm

Lucky07
16-10-09, 03:50
For a few months now I've been getting left arm pain. It comes on when I'm anxious, upset, or excited. Like today when I was driving the person in front of me hit a racoon and immidiately my arm hurt. When I watch an intense movie my arm starts to hurt. This is kind of freaking me out like it could be my heart. Oh, and last time i worked out I noticed my arm hurt. I'm thinking of going in to the cardiologist but i'm not sure. I've been before and he said I was fine. I didn't have the arm pain then though and I didn't have a treadmill stress test, just a heart ultrasound and an ekg. What do you think?

Amazeen
16-10-09, 22:18
If you think it might put you at ease, go to a cardiologist. I think it could very well just be tense muscles. When I first started to have anxiety my muscles were very tense and for some reason my left arm was the worst (possibly psychosomatic to some degree because heart attacks were, and are, my main fear). This meant that everytime I felt anxious and some chest pain, I would feel pain down my left arm as well which just exacerbated the problem.

Sunkid
17-10-09, 06:56
Hi Lucky

I also have the left arm pain thing. I try to convince myself that it is just anxiety, because if it were a heart attack I have now survived about two thousand of them over the last three and a half years. I have learnt to just hang in there and let the pain and the anxiety happen. I feel with you...

johnbyrum
18-10-09, 22:27
Hi Lucky

I also have the left arm pain thing. I try to convince myself that it is just anxiety, because if it were a heart attack I have now survived about two thousand of them over the last three and a half years. I have learnt to just hang in there and let the pain and the anxiety happen. I feel with you...
A very good comment. The most important thing is to know that it is just anxiety, otherwise we start to think the worst scenarios. And as you say if it were a heart attack none of us would be here. So let's relax:)