PDA

View Full Version : What is g.a.d ??

Desprate Dan
16-10-09, 11:15
Well i know it means General Anxiety Disorder, Thats what the Doctor say's i have, i feel like i have a bit of everything....

Health Anxiety

Social Anxiety

O.C.D

Phobia's

Depression

Is this what GAD is ?? a mixture of all diffrent types of Anxiety, i am really struggling to come to terms as i still not 100% sure what its all about but i can relate to almost all of the topics and see bits of myself in there in one way or another...:shrug:

Help!

Desprate Dan

gypsywomen
16-10-09, 11:23
yes its bits of everything i have all what you have,,in smALL AMONTS BUT DOCTER SAYS ITS g a d plus i have Pt's post traumatic stress syndrome but ll comes under anxiety,,in fact when i go to doctors with problems with nerves they put it down to anxiety,,hope this helps maggie

pollyanna
16-10-09, 11:33
Hi Dan

I feel like you, i have a GAD diagnosis, and i feel i have a bit of everything in there, some things more than others, but still all in there. Its very frustrating, there are so many things to tackle and you can only do one at a time, and it takes up so much energy and time. one things for sure lifes never dull... but this is one kind of excitement i can well do without.

P x

JohnLuke300
16-10-09, 11:35
Hi Dan,

The difference between GAD and the other anxiety disorders is that the anxiety triggers with GAD are less specific (i.e. more generalized). With the other disorders the sufferer will be often be able to guess what is or not going to trigger their anxiety. But this is more difficult with GAD as so many different things can trigger it.

Hope that helps,

John