PDA

View Full Version : Excessive sweating

hopkins
16-10-09, 16:15
Hi,
This my first post although I've been on Citalopram for well over a year now and it has helped me. The problem I have is very extreme flushes and sweating for no apparent reason but always when I'm in a very public place such as a meeting but never when I'm on my own. I know sweating excessively can be a side effect but I am currently reducing the dose to 5 mg and it seems to be getting worse. I do drink alcohol most nights and I am aware that this can exacerbate them, but the severity of these sweats is increasing and it is extremely embarrassing. I am hoping that when I finally get off Citalopram they will stop but the effect of them is actually increasing my anxiety, one of the reasons I started on them in the first place.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated, and I am aware that there could be other underlying medical problems that may be the cause.

nomorepanic
16-10-09, 16:19
Hi hopkins

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.