PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder injury has brought back chest worries...

pd
16-10-09, 18:02
After a bit of respite I was beginning to think I was getting better as well. :mad:

I injured my left shoulder the other day, a wrenching sensation followed by pulled-muscle type pains which were, and still are, of course, radiating down my left arm and across my chest. It's the shoulder. I KNOW it's the shoulder. But there's that little voice that keeps piping up with 'what if it's your heart? What if the pain from the shoulder injury is masking the REAL problem? What if, what if, what if...?'

It's muscular pain. I know exactly what muscular pain feels like and this is it. Why can't I just accept that? Is it always going to be like this? Any injury, ache or pain is going to bring it all back?? I'm so sick of it.:mad::weep:

Vanilla Sky
16-10-09, 18:07
I'm the same , I also have an injury to my left shoulder that has been playing up, and like you , why can't i just accept it . On a rational level , I KNOW IT IS ONLY MUSCULAR PAIN, But my anxiety tells me different . I am getting a bit better and I don't spend much time obsessing about it now. I am also waiting for CBT , It makes me wonder what they are going to come up with to stop me thinking theses stupid thoughts! I'll let you know if I ever do lol x