PDA

View Full Version : Hello

lauras
16-10-09, 20:12
:welcome:Hi i am new to the site and i need help and advice.

I am 23 years old and have suffered with depression for 9 years, this has now turned into GAD and Panic Disorder.

I am currently going through my worst time, i am having lots of panick attacks every day and this has left me wanting to stay at home.

I feel very alone as my family live abroad and my partner doesnt understand nor does any of my friends.

I have spent lots of money on Hypnotheraphy and councilling, but none has worked! I start CBT on Thursday so am hoping this will help.

I have always been happy and loved going out but cant do this any more.

Any ideas what could help to stop the feelings?
:weep:

diane07
16-10-09, 20:13
Hi lauras

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

mandyclare
16-10-09, 20:35
Hi Laura...there are lots of people here who will support you.....i've only been here a few days and i'm finding it really helpful... take care

Mand x

hannah84
16-10-09, 20:38
Hi Laura im Hannah, :welcome:
Welcome to the site, im sorry your having a rough time i to suffer from panic attacks its so confusing and scary but please be reassured that there is light at the end of the tunnel i have not had CBT myself but i have got a book about it and have been learning the tecniques and it has been working, i also take 10mg of propraolol when ever i feel anxious or panicky and that seems to stop any panic attack in there tracks im not saying this will work on everyone but its worth going to your doctor to see about any meds you could take.
I have also been taking a vitamin B complex everyday it helps the nervous system and stress levels and i must say i am feeling better.
I'm glad you found this site as i have found it a great help and ive only been a member for about two weeks its just lovely and everyone is so helpful and reassuring.:hugs:, if you need to have a chat or feel a bit anxious then come on here like i do and it takes your mind of off things for a while.

Take care.
Hannah x x

lauras
17-10-09, 17:30
Hi Laura im Hannah, :welcome:
Welcome to the site, im sorry your having a rough time i to suffer from panic attacks its so confusing and scary but please be reassured that there is light at the end of the tunnel i have not had CBT myself but i have got a book about it and have been learning the tecniques and it has been working, i also take 10mg of propraolol when ever i feel anxious or panicky and that seems to stop any panic attack in there tracks im not saying this will work on everyone but its worth going to your doctor to see about any meds you could take.
I have also been taking a vitamin B complex everyday it helps the nervous system and stress levels and i must say i am feeling better.
I'm glad you found this site as i have found it a great help and ive only been a member for about two weeks its just lovely and everyone is so helpful and reassuring.:hugs:, if you need to have a chat or feel a bit anxious then come on here like i do and it takes your mind of off things for a while.

Take care.
Hannah x x

Thank you Hannah
I have been having Hypnotheraphy and have been today, this has helped and i am hoping this will have given me some of my confidence back!
I have been perscribed Diazapam and i am on 30mg Citilopram, so hoping these will kick in soon and will take the edge off how i am feeling.
I am meeting up with some friends tonight so fingers crossed i can relax and enjoy myself.
I am glad i have found people with the same condition, i dont feel so abnormal now i kn ow others feel the same.
Thanks
Laura

tracy1
18-10-09, 02:43
Hi laura, im tracy, first off your not abnormal lol sometimes it does feel like it though, i only found this site about 4 months ago, i wish my old GP had told me about it, even when im not having a panic attack i still come on the site just to read things it seems to calm me down and learning how to deal with it, please have a good look around the site its wonderful. speak to you soon xx

Ruby94
18-10-09, 03:59
Hello.. Laura?

Im Ruby :)

I am currently on anti depressents and have the panic disorder too.
It can get hard at times, ive had this for 5 years i am 16 and i have
tips and ideas if you wanna talk, confide and discuss issues with me
then i would be more than happy to hear from you and help you out
as i am alot like you are. If the admins dont mind this my email address
is slimshadycraziee at hotmail . com im sorry if that was not aloud, im
very new to this website. Laura get in touch :) And Smile it away hun
Panic attacks cant harm you or your health. Fact. x

Ruby x

area55
18-10-09, 04:34
I know its very hard when you friends or spouses dont understand. but hang in there this forum is awsome. I to only been here for a few days and i have benn totaly helped . we are here for you.

lauras
18-10-09, 15:10
Hello.. Laura?

Im Ruby :)

I am currently on anti depressents and have the panic disorder too.
It can get hard at times, ive had this for 5 years i am 16 and i have
tips and ideas if you wanna talk, confide and discuss issues with me
then i would be more than happy to hear from you and help you out
as i am alot like you are. If the admins dont mind this my email address
is slimshadycraziee at hotmail . com im sorry if that was not aloud, im
very new to this website. Laura get in touch :) And Smile it away hun
Panic attacks cant harm you or your health. Fact. x

Ruby x
Hi Ruby
Thank you for your advice.
I would love to hear your tips and advice, i appreciate any help.
my email is laura_sims85@hotmail.co.uk
Thanks
:noangel:

lauras
18-10-09, 15:12
Hi laura, im tracy, first off your not abnormal lol sometimes it does feel like it though, i only found this site about 4 months ago, i wish my old GP had told me about it, even when im not having a panic attack i still come on the site just to read things it seems to calm me down and learning how to deal with it, please have a good look around the site its wonderful. speak to you soon xx

Hi Tracy

Thanks for the advice, i will have a good look around, it is already great to hear from so many people who experience the same problems as me.

Thanks

:yesyes: