PDA

View Full Version : Hi My name is Jim and I suffer.

area55
17-10-09, 04:39
Everyday I wake up thinking its going to be my last. It all started about 6 month ago working at a job that caused me to have anxiety.I couldnt sleep or relax. I dreaded going to work. It started to affect my days off and my time with my family. I wanted to die or run away just to get away from how I was feeling. I became a different person. Then I got fired and was happy or so I thought. A week or so after i lost my job I was in the ER for what I felt was a heart attack but according to the doctors it is just anxiety. Panic became routine for me and i felt like crap. I lost 30 pounds from not eating i neglected to drink water and it made my symtoms worse. I still think Im going to die. I always have something wrong with me dizziness to tightness in my chest. but the doctors say my heart is fine but of course its hard for me to believe them. This forum has help me out alot and I want to thank you all for that. By the way I'm married and have 2 kids and live just outside of chicago in the united states.

diane07
17-10-09, 04:44
Hi area55

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

area55
17-10-09, 04:46
thanks and I will be reading those articles

Veronica H
17-10-09, 08:01
:welcome:to NMP Jim. I am glad that you have found us. Many of us could have written your symptoms the way that you have. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a fellow sufferer who really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Veronica

mandyclare
17-10-09, 14:36
Hi Jim.. nice to meet you.. Mand

:)