PDA

View Full Version : Aspartame poll

lostsoul
17-10-09, 08:48
Hi all

After speaking to another NMP member about Aspartame, which you may or may not know is an artificial sweetener, found in many foods including chewing gum which I chew a lot of!!:ohmy: its been linked to anxiety amonst other things, I'm not sure how much of the evidence is correct though.

I've no doubt the various food safety organisations around the world have the capacity to be 'selective' in their assment of food safety should there be financial benefit involved.

So I was just wondering how many of us anxiety sufferes consume alot of aspartame and if it makes a difference to your anxiety levels.

It might be an interesting experiment if a few of us could get together and cut it out completely for a month to see if there is any improvement.

Cat80
17-10-09, 10:56
I drink Robinsons Apple and Blackcurrant which has Aspartame in it. Must drink over a litre a day but can't stand plain water. Didn't know it could make you anxious.

Joellie
17-10-09, 11:33
I dont like gum but i know i drink some drinks with it in

magpie girl
17-10-09, 13:05
i try to steer away from artificial sweetners as they do make my anxiety worse.It has also been proven that it dulls down the brain:wacko::wacko:

june
17-10-09, 14:51
:ohmy: I have read that it is banned from children's products throughout Europe.
Aspartame / nutrasweet? same product??
Or made by same company.
Best wishes
June
:hugs:

lostsoul
17-10-09, 15:18
Theres some good info here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspartame

Not sure how much truth there is in it all, but I'm cutting my 1 pack of gum a day habit down to two sticks me thinks:)

fishman65
17-10-09, 17:55
I hardly ever chew gum but I do drink a fair bit of caffeine-free diet coke :huh: I noted that this does contain aspartame.There was me thinking I'm doing the right thing by cutting out caffeine?

KK77
17-10-09, 22:29
Aspartame and MSG (in a lot foods, esp Chinese) affect me badly. I avoid all artificial sweeteners and foods with MSG. Some people are more sensitive than others but definitely think it's bad news.