PDA

View Full Version : chest pain (again)

poppy1
17-10-09, 12:53
Im really struggling today. Ive had recurrent chest pain since sunday its on the bone and deep down i think it is muscular skeltal which the doc said it was but i cant reassure myself that its ok. its there all the time since 10am and is also in my back. im feeling anxious but not sure if this is cos of the pain or has caused the pain.

does anyone else have this pain and is there most of the day? its not a sharp one not even really a 'pain' its just there like a very mild throbbing.

sarah jayne
17-10-09, 13:14
Hi ive had what you describe for over 2 years. Ive just been diagnosed with costochondiitis, it might be worth checking it out.
Sarah x

racdun
17-10-09, 13:30
I get bouts of that as well. My doc also says its costochondritis and since I have it for the last few years coming and going and I'm still alive it must be. Every time I get it though it does tend to set of a panic attack until I realise what it is. It can range from a sharp pain down breast bone to ribs or an achy deep feeling. Its usually from chest muscle injury, maybe after lifting something that would not register pain straight away or breathing too fast. If you can isolate where the pain is coming from and if you can press on the area where the pain is and it makes it worse then I would not worry about it.
Rachael

janyzocean
17-10-09, 13:48
I have GAD and panic attacks. My chest hurts most of the time. I have had all kinds of tests and they are okay. They say it is anxiety.
Jan

poppy1
17-10-09, 15:54
thanks everyone!!

I wish id've found this site 15yrs ago when all this first started!! I know deep down its ok cos ive had it so long and i can put my finger on it. Im just analysing it all day everyday for the last few days, the only time its ok is when i first get up and starts around 1-2 hrs later.