PDA

View Full Version : pressure on chest has moved to throat!!

emh
17-10-09, 17:22
I've been suffering for a week with a tight chest. I have had this checked out by the doc and had a ecg. He was happy with results, so put in down to anxiety, which is what i thought anyway. But did say come back if i get it again, which i have but don't want to go back!!
Since then over the past couple of days i have been feeling better. i've still been getting the tightness, but it's not been anywhere near as bad and i find i can get rid of it by stretching and relaxing. It's gone at night now, so i'm sleeping much better. This must be a good sign - isn't it??!! But i'm finding now that i've got a bit of pressure in my throat. It's not painful but just there, if that makes sense!!
I go through feelings of, it's all just anxiety and nothing wrong with me, to, i'm going to have a heart attack and i need to get immediate help!
I sound crazy, but i'm hoping to get some advice/reassurance from others who have experienced what I'm experiencing.
I'm assuming an ecg is very accurate?!!!
Sorry for such a long message!!:wacko:

gypsywomen
17-10-09, 17:35
hello i was a nurse/ and an ECG very good for detecting heart problems ,,they can tel a lot from the graph readings ,,so yes i think it is worry and anxiety causing you throat ,problem ,, sometimes happens to me,, you need to take deep breaths as this will circulate oxygen around ,when we are anxious we use a lot of oxygen for our bodies to cope ,,so nice slow deep breaths right down into your stomach then relax after each one hope this helps magie