PDA

View Full Version : is this normal

burberrygirl72
17-10-09, 17:32
day 12 of cit and today all i wanna do is cry and hide away my mood swings are really bad bein very nasty and just wanna hide away is this normal or am i getting worse:unsure:

burberrygirl72
17-10-09, 17:34
please help me i dont no if im going backwards im so unhappy today got over all those nasty side affects now this crap what else can go wrong :(

gypsywomen
17-10-09, 18:07
hi if you go to searh box at top of the page and type in the meds name it will take you to a tread where other have same meds hope this heps

Panic33
17-10-09, 18:07
Im on a different AD, but I did go through terrible spell too. I also had crazy up and down mood swings, sometimes every few hours sometimes every 5mins or so.

nomorepanic
17-10-09, 18:40
Remember these are very strong drugs and are changing your chemical make-up so yes I am afraid you will feel rubbish on them for a while.

BexieB
17-10-09, 18:58
Hi Burberrygirl

I would be surprised if you didn't feel like this at this stage. These meds work REALLY well but have a horrible sting in the tail - they will make you feel like total ***p for weeks at the start. Much worse than when you started taking them - it's like some kind of sick joke!! I was looking back at my old posts and was still feeling bad, not eating properly on day 20. It was three months before I posted feeling better.

Hang in, the meds will pay off. They always have for me :flowers:

den68
17-10-09, 19:11
at about day 12 i felt so depressed i thought im not going to take any more but i did and day 18 im feeling alot better

KK77
17-10-09, 19:31
I've been on a similar SSRI for over 2 months and some days I feel really crap too. Sometimes it's hard to know whether you're making progress but after a while it does get better so keep going.

burberrygirl72
17-10-09, 19:48
thank you soooooo much all the replys means so much and helps me carry on what a brill site for us all i dont no where i would be if it wernt for you guys thankyou xxxxx

chickpea
17-10-09, 20:07
I'm at the end of week 5 and this week has been mostly great (to the point where I''ve felt NORMAL, like my old self!!)....BUT, I've still had a few anxious/depressed moments.

Keep going! You've done the hardest part, so it would be a real shame to give up now.:hugs:

Dan1
17-10-09, 21:01
Everyone reacts to drugs differently, so it's perfectly possible that this is just normal reaction. I've been taking citalopram for about a year (i'm on 50mg now) and i've personally never experienced anything like that before, but I wouldn't be overly concerned that your getting worse - most antidepressants can cause changes in your mood, particularly when you first start them.

If you find the side effects troubling, then don't hesitate about going back to your doctor, they should be more than willing to help.

Good luck!

burberrygirl72
17-10-09, 23:02
im feeling lots better now infact im feeling quit happy for the first time in ages :)

BexieB
18-10-09, 22:35
Hi Burberry

Great to hear you're feeling a bit better. :yesyes:Hope it continues. Just remember recovery may not always a linear process, especially during the first few months while the meds establish in your system. You may experience set backs from time to time, but these are totally normal, full recovery will come.

Keep up the good work:)

Bexie