PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

Dan1
17-10-09, 20:35
Hi there,

I'm new to all this forum stuff and posting things on the internet, so please bare with me! I'm 18 years old, and I've been suffering from quite severe Social Anxiety Disorder/Social Phobia for about 6 years. I've been taking Citalopram for about a year to help with the anxiety, and since starting university (just two weeks ago), I've had my dose increased from 40mg to 50mg. Also since starting uni, I've been prescribed propranolol (a beta blocker) to try and control some of the physical sensations. I've also had a course of CBT, which had limited usefulness.

I don't think i've ever quite had the social anxiety 'under control', but since i've come to uni things have got worse (hence the dose increase of citalopram)

Anyway, that's just a bit to introduce myself,

Wish you all well,

Dan1

diane07
17-10-09, 20:37
Hi Dan1

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Veronica H
17-10-09, 23:16
:welcome:Dan. glad that you have found us. Well done for hanging in there at Uni this will get easier as you become more familiar with everything.

Veronica

tracy1
18-10-09, 02:49
Hi Dan1, im tracy1, iv only been on the site for about 4 months but its the best thing ever all times of the day and night, just come on have a read and know that your not alone, chat about anything take your mind off things for a wee while, take care xx

Ruby94
18-10-09, 03:01
Hello Dan :)

My name is Ruby i am 16, it would be nice to chat to you sometime, share and confide in eachover will be great if your upto it hun. Hope everything is going well.

Smile it away :) x
Ruby.