PDA

View Full Version : How refreshing- I am not alone in hell!!

santay100
17-10-09, 23:40
I stumbled across this website completely by accident this evening, whilst searching the web for mental health support.

My name is Sam and I am 28 years old. I have suffered from mental health issues since the age of 4 when I was sent to a psychiatrist for having the belief that I was dying.

I have self managed for many years but find that certain situations heighten my anxieties. When I had my children I suffered from post natal depression (7 years ago) and was prescribed medication to help me cope. I came off the medication and moved towns in 2007 to be nearer to my family.
Although I changed my job and found myself unable to cope, being prescribed more medication. I was off work last year and have suffered from symptoms such as tiredness, not feeling hungry, crying and feeling very angry.

I recently changed jobs in September this year and I have a job that I love. Although I am now suffering from tingly fingers and toes, tightness in my chest and throat. I am trying extremely hard to breath through these feelings and focus on positives. I take 1 2mg diazepam when I am feeling that my coping techniques are not working. Sometimes I feel like I am going to die and I am terrified that my young children will be left without their Mum. But I do know that I am dying and these feelings are anxiety. I could write a book and me and my 'invisible friend'. I always say that I wish I had a physical problem which could be seen, diagnosed and treated, but this is me and this is my life. I am now learning, after 28 years to cope!

I am comforted by the thought that I am not alone in my world, my family do not understand me and tell me to pull myself together. But I am not a pair of curtains and this is all very real to me, as it is to many others I have realised tonight!!:welcome: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/smilies/welcome.gif

nomorepanic
17-10-09, 23:41
Hi santay100

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes