PDA

View Full Version : Mintec Reaction!

BabyRachel
18-10-09, 00:10
I took Mintec for my IBS last night for the first time and woke up at 2am with horrible stomach cramps and nausea.. Was soooo bad I freaked out and wanted to go to the hospital... But I calmed myself and took Maxalon (my beloved..) and the pain started to go away and I went backto sleep... Now its morning and I still feel a bit crampy but not as bad.

I was wondering if I could be having an allergic reaction to the Mintec or if it was just something I ate?

Im really lost and confused and worried.. Any advice would be great..

june
18-10-09, 15:17
:hugs:If I remember rightly:blush:mintec is peppernint oil capsules??
They are to help with IBS therefore will make the gut move / ache / cramp etc:blush:If you have been constipated - it ALL has to move - Mintec is doing its job.
Best wishes
June
:hugs:

BabyRachel
19-10-09, 08:13
Yes they are peppermint oil capsules. So you think it could have just been my body adjusting to it? The pain was just so horrible... And it was more so in my stomach, very bad cramping... Ahh will speak to the doc about it on Friday.

Thanks for you reply June. x

teez
19-10-09, 13:38
hiya hun have you tried colpermin,,i love these ,,they help even on my nastiest days,my stomachs really bad at times but ive never had a bad reaction to these,,also your gonna laugh now gripe water really helps with wind and bloating

BabyRachel
25-10-09, 06:19
I will see if I can find them in the pharmacy. Thanks very much for your help! I take paramin and buscopan but damn im more than happy to try anything that helps!!