PDA

View Full Version : Hi

x D x
18-10-09, 01:56
Hi

I am new to this site and have just come across it whilst lying in bed not being able to sleep!!.

I have suffered from anxiety/panic attacks for the last 3 years, its been hard and still continues to be hard sometimes. I have been on many different medication over the years such as citrolopam, diazapam, etc, some have helped and some have not.

Its nice to be able to talk to people who understand what you are going through and how you feel, most non suffers dont understand and feel that its ok to say ' stop being silly and just get on with it' that really drives me crazy!!! I could go on forever!!

looking forward to speaking to you all soon xx

nomorepanic
18-10-09, 02:08
Hi x D x

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Thorny
18-10-09, 14:23
Hi xDx :welcome:

Glad you have found this site, i'm sure you will find it helpful, i certainly have :)

'stop being silly and just get on with it' - Yep, that comment can certainly be very destructive. Sometimes its not the fault of the individual, but certainly comes across as a negative / hurtful thing to say. I've always found it so difficult to truly explain what is going on. To try & make them understand this is not a simple issue of 'getting on with it' its much harder than that.

Take Care

Matt