PDA

View Full Version : Hi I am new from Scotland

KirstySunflowers
18-10-09, 18:58
Hi there,

I just found this site and thought I would introduce myself.

I am Kirsty I am 22 and suffer from generalised anxiety disorder and have been having panic attacks. I get horrible periods of derealization and dizzyness. It is the most scary and horrible feeling ever and some days I just dont want to leave the house.

I get tired and run down really easily and find it difficult to keep up with my uni work.

I have some friends but i dont feel that they really understand. I think it is difficult to understand if you have never suffered anxiety before.

I am currently on Desvenlafaxine called Pristiq and I take a herbal remedy for anxiety prescribed 3 times a day. I started accupuncture last week. I have tried CBT before which helped at the time but since I stopped going I have got much worse again. I also tried physcotherapy a few years ago but didnt feel this helped at all. it was all about dragging upp the past. WHich just made me more upset.

I dont know what else i can do / try to help myself.

:hugs:

diane07
18-10-09, 18:59
Hi KirstySunflowers

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Mr Parfect
30-10-09, 19:35
Its always good to bump into other Scots on here.

Nice to meet you.

samii
30-10-09, 19:55
hello, how are you? im 22 and also from scotland :D
ive been taking citalopram for 2 weeks now, but have been in a rather anxious state for 2 years now, i think the doctors are useless, as i think i have a bigger problem than just depression or anxiety. sometimes im to tired to leave the house or when my friends (that i never see) ask me to go out clubbing at weekends i tend to just freak out about it,
i don't like busy places like pubs etc, somedays are not as bad as others, its been that way since i quit my receptionist job that i loved.
i feel i am not in control of my feelings and thoughts and its been taking over my life.

If you wanna chat email me :)
be good to here from you,
sam, x