PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Im New

Hazel78
19-10-09, 11:03
Hi everyone

My name is Hazel, im 31 and from Scotland. I have been suffering from panic attacks for about 4 weeks now but I haven't left the house since wednesday, well actually I got dressed and went to the shops this morning but never again, i felt ill, my heart was racing so fast and I just got what i had to get and ran home.

I have an appointment with the doctor this evening at 5.30 If I can mangage to get out the house.

I never want to leave the house again as I am prefectly safe where I am.

Thanks for listening

Hazel xx

nomorepanic
19-10-09, 11:05
Hi Hazel78

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

PanicOver!!
19-10-09, 11:08
Hi Hazel

Welcome to NMP you will find loads of good advice and good friends here x

Veronica H
19-10-09, 13:57
:welcome:Hazel. Sorry you are having panic attacks and agoraphobia too by the sounds of it.There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a fellow sufferer who really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Veronica

chrisl
19-10-09, 19:32
How did you get on hazel at the doctors, hope it went well ,keep strong :bighug1:

Hazel78
29-10-09, 09:20
Hi Everyone

I went to the doctor and she gave me Mirtazapine 15mg plus referred me to the Community Mental Health team as my problems all relate to my 5 yr old and him being very very unwell as a baby. She feels that I need to discuss my problems and learn to deal with them properly.

So just waiting for an appointment.

Hazel xx