View Full Version : am i going insane

idliketorelax
03-11-05, 14:01
K. I was standing in wal-mart on saturday with my sister in the checkout line. All of a sudden I felt as if i were a fish in an incredibly small fishbowl, without any water. I told my sister i had to go sit in my car. She brought me out a thing of water and told me to drink it to cope with my anxiety (it runs in our family). I drank the water and dropped her off at her house and made my way home. I was such a nervous wreck that i eventually threw up and was absolutely exhausted from the attack. I called my brother and told him i wouldn't be able to make it to his birthday dinner, and fell asleep. Since saturday, ive been physically ill, not being able to eat. Wednesday i actually had to go to the hospital with my first panic attack. My heartrate was at 161. I got no medical help from the hospital, but did feel better when my doctor told me i just had a panic attack. They prescribed flonase to help with my allergies that short my breath, which may have caused my panic attack. Now im sitting here stressing again, thinking im going to go insane or have a heartattack. Someone please reccomend some help or just get me to relax!:(

taf
03-11-05, 14:25
Wow...been there!!!!!!!!!! Just this week!!!!!! What a doozy of a panic you had, poor thing!!! Can leave you so exhausgted, can't it. I had completely quit my drop and drink multivitamins for 2 weeks...have vit. b, and other nutrients...then, POW...I agreed with Rick, who said that when our tummies and nutrition go down, the panic att. monster can strike. Have you been able to eat with your tummy upset? Can you try a liquid booster like Ensure to help with some nutrients til tummy settles?
Do you have a trusted primary care physician you can see...esp with your family history of panics, etc., there are treatments. Too bad the er could not help you.
Perhaps you'd feel better if your primary could ck you all out? Sorry u are going thru this. I am really getting interested in CBT...the therapy modality outlined on the site. There is a cbt website...perhaps after your primary cks you out, you could investigate this therapy modality? You will get better!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know you feel like xx***### now, but it will get better!!! I know someone will be on in short order to give you more insight, too. They are lovely here. It so helps to talk to others who have "been there, done that!!!!!" Hang in, and hugs, Taf

idliketorelax
03-11-05, 14:29
All i have had to eat since saturday is a bowl of rice and frosted chex... I've managed to keep them down but just barely. I feel like at any point im just going to lose my mind which makes my anxiety go off the scale and my stomach upset. I've been taking a multivitamin with ginseng in it which the ER said could trigger my anxiety... Ive been off it since saturday since my brother told me the same thing. I guess i could say im just worrying about never being able to stop worrying. I woke up with anxiety bad this morning but have calmed myself down a bit... its still a fight and my stomach and heart rate jump up and i have to cool it back down... I'm worried sick about not being able to stop worrying! ironic huh.

rusky736
03-11-05, 16:39
idliketorelax: i know how you feel.
i lost my mum just over 2 yrs ago and since then ive experienced stress and anxiety to levels id thought werent humanly possible. life since i lost mum has been terrible and to be honest ive rarely enjoyed it.
ive had an "upset" stomach which is probably IBS since the day. it happended almost immediately infact.
my main worry now is the fear of death. ive been told its "normal" after losing someone close, but with this fear i worry about everything esle....which cause a whole manner of psychological and physical conditions...which...yep youve guessed it...make me worry more!!.
russ