PDA

View Full Version : Jumping out of comfort zone

Mandylou
19-10-09, 12:25
:shrug:Ok here's the deal - I'm jumping out of my comfort zone because I'm fed up of never doing anything. So, I'm going away for 2 days with my daughter to Wales. The problem is i'm driving. It's a long journey and my daughter is too young to share the driving. I'm worried about getting there, about getting lost, about it going dark before I get there. I'm worried about which way is the best way to go, where to stop for a break, whether the hotel will be expecting me even though I've booked. I'm a good confident driver so why can't I just take what comes, relax and get there when we get there? I don't want to spend the next week worrying about getting there and then start to worry about coming home 2 days later. . . .:wacko:

eternally optimistic
19-10-09, 13:40
Hi Mandylou

Good on you.

Get yourself a good map from the net and confirmation for the hotel and you're away..

You'll probably find it a test, but just think how good you'll feel after you've arrived and done it all.

ENJOY.

Mandylou
28-10-09, 11:32
:D Hi Jan - I did it! I negotiated 4 different motorways and all of mid Wales without getting lost once! My daughter and I visited lots of places that I had been to with my Mum and Dad which brought back many happy memories - just the tonic I needed to get me through the 2nd anniversary of Dad's sudden death. I feel on top of the world as now I know I can go anywhere - I don't have to be reliant upon my husband to take me to places I haven't been to before. Hope all is well for you at the moment? Take care.:)

Maj
28-10-09, 15:21
Well done!:yesyes: That's takes a lot of guts to do what you did - whether or not you suffer from anxiety!! You should be so proud of yourself and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Wales is beautiful.
Myra:hugs: